X

just painted my windscreen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just painted my windscreen

I painted my windscreen this weekend. I used Krylon Fusion Gloss black and Dupli-color clear coat. I wasnt sure if this would work. but it looks good as of now.

I sprayed the black last night. after brerakfast today i wet sanded it with 2000 grit sand paper. then i cleaned it and put the clear on it. I didnt take any pictures of the wetsanding but it felt very smooth.

Here are some pictures of it after 2 very light coats of clear and 4 medium coats.

Before -

After -

Have to wait till next weekend anyways to wetsand the clear down then polish.

PS I painted the outside for a reason. It was horribly scratched up from the PO. It looked like he cleaned it with 150 grit sand paper
    Last edited by snypez; 03-29-2009, 01:53 PM. Reason: had to switch computers for pics

pics didnt work

Comment

Looks way better but I probably would have just bought a smoked one
      1990 Kat 750 GSXR750 cams Barnetts clutch kit Yoshimura full exhaust

Comment

I'm actually thinking about doing that, I don't crouch low enough to look through anyway. Nice work.
        sigpic
        2006 Suzuki GSX750F Katana

Comment

I think it's going to look great.....so don't regret it. The original didn't look all that bad, and I might have considered painting just the inside rather than the outer. I presently have a ZG smoked screen on mine, but I've been thinking of shaping the OEM to suit what I want/would like to see.
          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
          ------------------------------------------
          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

looks good

Comment

very nice.
              sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
              k9 GSX-R 600
              GO VOLS!

Comment

Thats going to look sweet I'm sure, but i have to wonder - am i the only one who crouches low enough to look through the windcreeen?
                Originally posted by katanawarrior
                I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

Looks fine.

Originally posted by Shifty View Post
                  Thats going to look sweet I'm sure, but i have to wonder - am i the only one who crouches low enough to look through the windcreeen?

Ummm.... Yes.
                  Last edited by JaxKat; 03-29-2009, 07:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                  2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
                  Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
                  "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                  Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
                  Veteran of the United States Air Force.
                  "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Thank you all.

Slofuse -
                    Before the paint it had a huge gash in the middle. I couldnt get a good picture of it, and also i painted the outside to practice painting. Planning on painting the whoel bike next winter.

Shifty -
                    I made sure this wasn't the case. I even had my father try it. He originally said the same thing you did, but changed his mind when he actually attempted it. I am also bigger boned so i cant go as low as you may be able to.

Comment

Looks good.. I stepped on my wind screen and cracked it. Me being a cheap s.o.b., I fiber glassed it with leftover materials from my nephew's rear hugger and sprayed the inside half way up with flat black primer. Then I trimmed the paint line with electrical tape. Check out my garage.

Comment

looks good
                        pveity = 100%

Comment

nice, how long and difficult was it to sand and paint? would you recommend I paint mine or just buy a black one? It seems easy enough.
                          sigpic2006 KAT 750

"Ever wonder how some people have made it as far in life as they have?"

Comment

I painted my stock windscreen ('04 Kat-600) myself a few weeks ago and turned out great!

Taped the rib along the edge, bought a can of semi-gloss black paint and put about two coats on it (inside only).

So for only about $3, I got the look I wanted
                            The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'

Comment

looks good. .

Comment

Working...
                              X