Anyone order from bikebolts.com?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone order from bikebolts.com?

Any one like/dislike these guys?
    My wife bought a complete kit from them on tuesday, and paid for upgraded shipping. Their system is showing the order as "processed"
    But she got the upgraded shipping so we'd get the parts for this weeked.
    There's no phone number to call them, she emailed them this morning.
    They're in Cinci., OH, only a couple hours from where we live, Louisville, KY.

Trying to get some info on wtf is going on.
    If they aren't going to ship so we can have them we we wanted them, she's going to want a refund on the shipping.
    We would have paid for regular shipping if she wanted to wait a freakin week.

Anyone know 'Steve' ?
    Or whoever runs that site?
    It possible they've already shipped, and she just hasn't been emailed any tracking information, and the site hasn't been updated.
    I know I've ordered stuff before and it was delivered, in my hands, opened and partly assembled before the website showed shipped and got my tracking info... yea completely useless..
    But that wasn't from this site.

Well if anyone has any info or insight, let me know.
    My wife would appreciate it for sure.

Sent me the wrong kit, ordered one for a pre 98 Katana 600 and got one for a 2003 Kawasaki Z1000...I mean the color was right so that's something? As for returns...forget about it...good luck getting a hold of anyone. I'm 10 mins south of Cinci, someone should check this place out...
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I thought about using them since the Pro-Bolt stuff I have didn't work out. Looks like I may just need to roll with stock screws/bolts.
      This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
      BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

I ordered a bikebolts kit, but I ordered it through ebay. I sold it on ebay still unsued like 2 years later Now if HS2020 ever gets me my friggin Pro Bolt kit I paid for a long arse time ago I'll be good to go. DISCLAIMER: I'm am not saying that his company MOpowersports is slow. He is a friend of mine, and did this as a favor for me. I am NOT discrediting MOpowersports.

Comment

I ordered a kit from Bikebolts, had no problems with them.
          Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
          Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Their Ebay feedback is exc. I ordered from them 3 days ago and await their arrival.
            I love chrome like a fat kid loves cake !!!

2003 Harley Ultra ( I'm 49 years old ! )

1998 Kat GSX600F ( I'm 49 years young ! ) Gone, but never forgotten, great bike !!!

Comment

Wife got a reply to her email.
              The order was placed Tuesday, and the bolts were shipped wednesday.
              I guess they don't update the site.
              But she paid for "3-day United Parcel Service", and the tracking number they sent her, was for USPS....

we'll see I suppose

Comment

Got mine today, ordered them Tuesday from Ebay. Very happy with them.
                I love chrome like a fat kid loves cake !!!

2003 Harley Ultra ( I'm 49 years old ! )

1998 Kat GSX600F ( I'm 49 years young ! ) Gone, but never forgotten, great bike !!!

Comment

Wife got hers on saturday.
                  They did make it 3 days, once they were shipped.
                  She was pretty ****ed they came USPS though
                  She paid for the $10 3-day UPS and got $5 USPS
                  When she emailed them to find out why they shipped USPS when she paid for UPS, they replied with a POS canned message about how they always ship USPS

Originally posted by BikeBolts.com
                  http://www.bikebolts.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=shippinginfo
                  Shipping Carriers

United States Postal Service (USPS) is currently the preferred method of shipping. USPS was chosen because it is currently the fastest, low cost delivery solution available. USPS delivers to nearly every country in the world. Visit www.usps.com to find areas of coverage. For orders shipping to any United States of America address, shipments are sent by USPS Priority or USPS 1st Class mail (varies by weight). For international orders (orders shipping outside of the United States), shipments are sent by USPS Priority International or USPS 1st Class mail international. Availability of international shipping services and rates vary for each country.

Other optional services include: United Postal Service (UPS), Federal Express, and DHL. If you prefer any of these other services, please contact us by email at: [email protected].
                  Check out the attached screenshots from BikeBolts.com
                  She clearly paid for the UPS shipping, yet we got a USPS box
                  Very shady.

We haven't put the bolts on yet.
                  They are how the FAQ says, not stock.
                  The heads are smaller on most, and they don't have that metal sleeve like part between the head and threads. Which I didn't see mentioned in the FAQ, but doesn't mean it wasn't there.
                  Instead they include some little plastic washer like pieces that would fill the gap that smooth metal part on the stock bolts would have.
                  we'll see

We're trying to get a refund on the shipping now.

10:02amEST
                  got a reply, same canned message from the friday
                  [email protected]
                  sending another message, but to this address instead: [email protected]

10:08amEST
                  looked up domain
                  its privately registered through GoDaddy.com
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by KYT; 03-30-2009, 09:09 AM. Reason: updates

Comment

Put the bolts on this weeked, there were bolts that didn't fit in the right holes, and too many for one piece, not enough for another.
                    We think the tail section is aftermarket, and the directions had 6 bolts in the tail, but there were only 4 holes.
                    However, there were 2 under the seat, that screwed into the tail frame, they were stock mounting points, and were not mentioned in the diagram.
                    Those 2 extra bolts had to be used up front where the wrong bolts were provided for something else.
                    all in all, we had 2 holes with no bolts, a couple bolts that wouldn't go all the way in, and 5 left over.. *shrugs*

Comment

Originally posted by KYT View Post
                      all in all, we had 2 holes with no bolts, a couple bolts that wouldn't go all the way in, and 5 left over.. *shrugs*
                      Sounds about right, I keep mine in my tool kit under the cowl. You know, for those moments when screws fall out and you're in the middle of nowhere.

Happened to me on I-75S, bottom right fairing peeled back under my bike, luckily the gardening wire kept it from falling off completely
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                        Sounds about right, I keep mine in my tool kit under the cowl. You know, for those moments when screws fall out and you're in the middle of nowhere.

Happened to me on I-75S, bottom right fairing peeled back under my bike, luckily the gardening wire kept it from falling off completely

BWAHAHA

Comment

oh and Chris : I am trying to get PROBOLT to give me your kit that was paid for they never sent. Besides you are not ready to put the plastics on yet : go back to sleep.

Oh and Bikebolts always uses USPS. I ordered kits from them all the time with no problems for my customers. UPS does not get there any quicker than USPS. Send me all your order information and I will call them and see if I can work something out for you.
                          www.mopowersports.com

Comment

yes I am Jimmy. I NEED to do a mock up, so I can see what the paint layout is gonna be. I just have no bolts to mock it up with

Comment

Got my set for christmas in gloss black for my Post 98. Have been trying to call and email them for about a week now with the only response being that he was "out of the office that day, and to call in 2 hours" at which point there still was no one to answer the phone. Parts in the box match the part list it was shipped with, and it is the kit listed for the post 98's, however, I'm hoping there's some sort of mix up in what I've got, as some of the key larger bolts (two rearward bolts on each side of the belly pan, two bolts on either side of the upper-main fairings that stare up at you) have no suitable replacement in the parts I got from him. The bolt that's listed on the diagram it came with is some redic. small button head that won't even cover the entire mounting hole. I'm going to be really ****ed if they actually think that's an acceptable replacement...

Comment

Working...
                              X