X

Color Rite ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color Rite ?

Has anyone used a rattle can of matched paint from Color Rite? I have a 1998 Kat I just bought and the right side fairing (cowl) needs re-done. ny idea how many cans I would need? I'm thinking 1, maybe 2. Then a can of their clear. Also, will it match well coming from a rattle can instead of the real spray gun way?
    Thanks
    I love chrome like a fat kid loves cake !!!

2003 Harley Ultra ( I'm 49 years old ! )

1998 Kat GSX600F ( I'm 49 years young ! ) Gone, but never forgotten, great bike !!!

The color will probably not match the fade on the rest of the plastic.

If you do your prep work the results should be okay.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Het Steves,
      With the bike only having 5K miles and living its life garaged, I doubt there should be much fade, wouldn't you think?
      I love chrome like a fat kid loves cake !!!

2003 Harley Ultra ( I'm 49 years old ! )

1998 Kat GSX600F ( I'm 49 years young ! ) Gone, but never forgotten, great bike !!!

Comment

It's 11 years old, and it's probably been outside.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I use their products all the time. Fantastic results!!! I have painted 8 to 10 motorcycles with their cans and even the most critical people (my father) cannot tell the difference. I restore and sell vintage Honda Ascot VT500FT bikes and all of my customers comment on the fantastic paint job and the depth of the colour. I have never told any of them that it is done with a spray can. I use their primer, undercoat colour, the actual colour and clear coat. I can use a regular system but the reason I use the cans is simply a matter of easy clean up. Assuming you have painting skills, You will be happy with the results …..

Check out he Ascot part of my website, I painted those bikes with Color rite.
          Forgiveness is what defines us. For without forgiveness, humans would have annihilated themselves with endless retributions.

2004 600 Kat

Billet Aluminum frame clamps and custom delrin sliders for 98+ Kats
          http://www.burley1.ca

Comment

There are a couple people selling plastics for that year, may be its just worth putting new ones on..idk ur situation but i have a blue right fairing...i will give it to u for best offer also someone else just posted plastics for best offer in red and blue, might be worth checking into good luck...
            pveity = 100%

Comment

Working...
            X