X

Petmatex Plastic weld on windscreen?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petmatex Plastic weld on windscreen?

So I know windscreens are not that expensive, but that is besides the point. I wanted to know if it is possible to use the Permatex Plastic Weld to repair a crack in a OE 600 windscreen and then paint black.
    FROM WORK:
    "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

Factory windscreens (and most others) are made of acrylic. Will Permatex Plastic Weld work on acrylic/plexiglass?
    Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

mmmmm, good point, have to check.

I just checked the site and Acrylic is one of the recommended applications. Thanks for the question. I didn't think about that obvious part. I decided to repair than by new because I have to repair my plastics anyway so why not.
      Last edited by redciv1; 03-25-2009, 12:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      FROM WORK:
      "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

Comment

Originally posted by redciv1 View Post
        mmmmm, good point, have to check.

I just checked the site and Acrylic is one of the recommended applications. Thanks for the question. I didn't think about that obvious part. I decided to repair than by new because I have to repair my plastics anyway so why not.
        Take some pics before, durring, and after please...

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Will do Krey. I actually have a write-up I am gathering pics for now. removing frame rust and spot painting along with plastic repair, painting and windscreen now. I finished the frame this past weekend. Sanding plastics now while I wait on throttle cable, grip and left grip. I have pics so far before and after. Hopefully will be thru by next week. I appreciate all the help from the board.
          FROM WORK:

Comment

Sweet... I love pics of the process. Gives me new ideas to try!

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I superglued mine when I broke off a piece duct-taping the oil temp gauge in place a couple weeks ago . Seems to be working just fine . I'll let you know in a few thousand more miles ....
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Yes it will work

I used the epoxy to fill the holes on my EX500 windscreen on my 98 katana
                98 GSX750F
                95 Honda VT600 vlx
                08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

I will definitely post up pics. Trying not to get overwhelmed. I have to correct my Throttle cable I just installed then on with the bodywork. I have been down for 2 weeks now and would like to be finished by the time the races roll around here at Road Atlanta next weekend.
                  FROM WORK:

Comment

Working...
                  X