X

How many rattle cans?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many rattle cans?

Ok so I am trying to figure out how many Rattle cans would I need to spray the entire bike?
    I know that there are 11oz cans, however the color I want to use, Milano Red used on Civics, is only available in 5oz. cans. How many cans for 11oz. if I chose another color and how many for 5oz. if I stick with the Milano Dupli-color red?
    FROM WORK:
    "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

I used 6 cans of Flat black and 4 cans of gloss black when I ratlle-canned my Kat. All being 11oz. Have you tried Color-Rite for matching that color?
    2005 Aprilia RST1000
    2007 Dodge Nitro SLT
    1998 Chevy Tahoe
    www.midwestguntrader.com

Comment

None!!! Send me your stuff.
      sigpic
      Visit my Temporary web page at www.myspace.com/zacksbodyshop
      "What's Your Dream?"

Comment

The clearcoat, that you buy in "rattle cans" does not hold up when you spill gas on it. Just thought I would pass this on.....from my lessons learned database
        Forgiveness is what defines us. For without forgiveness, humans would have annihilated themselves with endless retributions.

2004 600 Kat

Billet Aluminum frame clamps and custom delrin sliders for 98+ Kats
        http://www.burley1.ca

Comment

yeah, i learned that the hard way (even after reading that on katriders)... i keep wanting to do a streetfighter/cafe racer but the plastics are still in decent condition
          92 GSXF750
          83 nighthawk

Comment

Thanks for the help. Ontario I did remember reading that tidbit about the clear. Hey Zach, how much you charge.
            Kansas I have no checked out Color-Rite. That Dupli-color color is a replacement for using on accessories so I hope it is accurate. I had a 95 Civic that was Milano Red, hince the name redciv.
            Last edited by redciv1; 03-23-2009, 06:32 PM.
            FROM WORK:
            "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

Comment

I cant quote a price untill i know exactly what i am getting into. but if you look at dumbluck 's bike the silver and gray one, that is about a 1000.00 paint job. He requested that it looked like a mirror and needed the best quality possible as far as the paint goes. I could do his paint job again but just an average run of the mill job for around 700. Thing is , i need a frame to mock up the parts inorder to lay out the paint break that travels from 1 pannel to another. that also drives up cost . so let me know what you like. if its just civic red and the plastics are in perfect shape with maybe a rock chip or two, you could get away with a standard paint job around 500 bucks. show quality for 700. ROUGHLY . give me some basic details and we will talk.
              sigpic
              "What's Your Dream?"

Comment

idk my 50.00 paint job turned out pretty good i used 6cans

Comment

Originally posted by ontariokatana View Post
                  The clearcoat, that you buy in "rattle cans" does not hold up when you spill gas on it. Just thought I would pass this on.....from my lessons learned database
                  ColorRite does offer two-part proper fuel-resistant clear as a spray-solution with a CO2 spray-can. Basically, it's two containers that get mixed and screwed onto the propellant bottle. But it's particularly sensitive to humidity in the air, mostly because of the temp-drop of the CO2 coming out of the propellant can (in Florida with a 60% ambient humidity that morning, I blew ice-chunks into the clear while applying it). If I had to do it again, I'd break down and buy an airbrush compressor & quick-change sprayer kit from HarborFreight instead and use it to apply both the paint and the clearcoat.

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
                  CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
                  The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

An air brush compressor? The volume needed is not there for spraying a bunch of motorcycle parts. I would reconsider that thought. If your going spend the money buy a cheap 10 gallon compressor and a 50 dollar cheapy spray gun , the results will be much better but still not perfect. A 10 gallon compressor is still not enough to work with but bike parts are small enough that you can empty the air tank on each part ant let it regenerate before you move to the next part.
                    sigpic
                    "What's Your Dream?"

Comment

Originally posted by ZackPaints View Post
                      An air brush compressor? The volume needed is not there for spraying a bunch of motorcycle parts.
                      Not for a production environment, but I'd think there'd be enough for a home-user doing a single bike piece-at-a-time (figuring as long as he can get to the end of the piece before he runs out of paint or air or flash-time, he should be fine, right?)

Originally posted by ZackPaints View Post
                      I would reconsider that thought. If your going spend the money buy a cheap 10 gallon compressor and a 50 dollar cheapy spray gun , the results will be much better but still not perfect. A 10 gallon compressor is still not enough to work with but bike parts are small enough that you can empty the air tank on each part ant let it regenerate before you move to the next part.
                      I'll keep it in mind

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
                      CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
                      The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                      X