X

Grab Bar Polishing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grab Bar Polishing

Any tips on polishing the grab bar? I've got a nice brushed look now, just curious about what others have done and how it looks. KyKatowner
    93' 750, I just washed the bugs off, let's go for a ride!

Re: Grab Bar Polishing

Originally posted by KYKatowner
    Any tips on polishing the grab bar? I've got a nice brushed look now, just curious about what others have done and how it looks. KyKatowner
    there are a few threads on this topic, there is one good one on polishing and/or chroming the oh shiate bar.
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I think Chrome would look a lot better as to cover up some of the imperfections. If your gona polish it though, you may want to clear coat it afterwords.
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

I also thought of polishing it, but only after I do my rims too.. probably a winter mod project.

Comment

i polished mine...i think it looks great. one caveat though...i clear coated using duplicolor wheel cover, and it's already chipping and scratched up. using the same stuff on my tank was an unmitigated disaster. still don't no what to do about it.

Comment

Check out CPU LAPPING on google.

Thats how you polish metal to a mirror shine.

Ive polished up some small copper coolers and wouldnt even think of taking on a big project because of all the time and hand cramps involved.

Comment

Working...
            X