X

Back Wheel Problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back Wheel Problem

Ok guys....lately (my last two rides) i have found that my back wheel has been slidding out from under me in turns and it fish tails when stopping sometimes...also when accelerating on a bit of an angle like when turning right out of a parking lot or something it slides out a bit...now on the edges on the tire is an oil of some sort and when u put water on it, the water goes away right away and doesnt stick to the tire but thats only on the outsides of the tire...contact point is in the middle for braking and accelerating...and yes there is TONs of tread left...Whats wrong with my tire??? and what do i need to do to fix it?
    Eric - Mississauga - 01' Katana 600

Are these new tires? If so you might want to take some sand paper or a scotch bright pad to it and scuff the edges of the tires. Also make sure you are running the correct amount of air in the tires. This could be a problem but I doubt it very seriously though. Try what I said first and see if that is it. New tires come with a silicone on the tires to help preserve them while they are in storage. This wears off as you scrub your tires in.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Sounds like your rear tire is slightly out of alignment.
      Kyle

Comment

hmm, probably a good idea to cheak around your engine for possible 'leakage', also if you have an automatic chainlube system you might want to check that too(broken nozzle etc)

In any case: You should deffinatly get any oil off the tire asap, if it comes back then you have a serious problem

oh and +1 to woobie & HS2020
        -= Har du styr på lortet, eller lort på styret? =-

Comment

check the natches on the rear fork see if they are the same on both sides (had the same problem) check for any oil leaks aswell

Comment

Get rid of the mccaddam.....
            Once that thing gets dry.. Forgettaboutit!!!

Comment

well guys i figured out the problem it was because i had one of the crappiest tires arouns i think they were shincos??? anyways i changed them and now have Pirelli's and they are a LOT better just have to break them in...thanks for all the suggestions though.
              Eric - Mississauga - 01' Katana 600

Comment

Working...
              X