X

Paint question....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint question....

Can you paint over chrome. I wasnt able to get a matching chrome front wheel, so Im thinking of just painting the new rim black and the chrome rim black. Is it possible, should i rough up the chrome with sand paper, any advice?

Comment

Originally posted by dirtd View Post
      We don't stop riding because we grow old, We grow old when we stop riding!

Comment

get it powder coated

Comment

lol, I'll look into the powder coating, thanks

Comment

powder coat is really durable especially on rims, and if you want to get a clean finish dont paint on the chrome even if you scuff it up before.

Comment

no pianting over chrome....ever...
              pveity = 100%

Comment

I paint chrome and i get good adhesion. However i sand blast the part first then Epoxy prime the item and its good as gold. Epoxy primer and proper prep are key to kicking chrome. Sanding or skuffing chrome by hand isnt good enough, it might be roughed up but its still uniformaly smooth. sandblasting really bites in good and offers a well paintable surface. I have done this many times and never have had any thing come back to me for a touch up. dont forget to take the bearings out bud!
                sigpic
                Visit my Temporary web page at www.myspace.com/zacksbodyshop
                "What's Your Dream?"

Comment

Ive decided to just leave it alone, thanks for the responses guys

Comment

Working...
                  X