Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

My Kat 750's paint job... watch it happen!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dexter
    replied
    Maybe it was originally black... because the blue has been resprayed for sure. It's higher than the stripes. Usually it's the other way around. I know the right fairing has been repaired in one spot at least once before.

Leave a comment:

• Shifty
    replied
    I suspected it was blue. Well that's too bad. You should go back with something similar but black instead.

Leave a comment:

• 802er
    replied
    Originally posted by Alex_750 View Post
    I thought it was black/red/silver before I bought it... it's actually navy blue, red and silver. If it didn't have the spots of road rash on the right side from the previous owner I would keep the colors because I don't mind them so much either.
    I did a double-take on the picture of your bike w/out the fairings on. Yep, def navy blue. Weird.

Leave a comment:

• Dexter
    replied
    Originally posted by Shifty View Post
    Anxious to see it completed! I do have to admit I like the 80's blk/red/silver scheme though.
    I thought it was black/red/silver before I bought it... it's actually navy blue, red and silver. If it didn't have the spots of road rash on the right side from the previous owner I would keep the colors because I don't mind them so much either.

Leave a comment:

• 802er
    replied
    Too bad we can't just trade plastics!
    lol, that would only upgrade you to the 90's. (cue Miami Vice theme song...)

Leave a comment:

• Shifty
    replied
    Anxious to see it completed! I do have to admit I like the 80's blk/red/silver scheme though.

Leave a comment:

• LAsunbird86
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Dexter
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 802er
    replied
    Sweet, thanks for sharing. I will be following this thread.... I'm a bodyshop n00b and hope to learn from this.

Ironically, I want that 80's color scheme you have!

Leave a comment:

• Dexter
    replied
    The damage isn't that bad, I'm just anxious to shed the very 80's looking color scheme for something more modern. The bike is going to be red on top and silver on the bottom. It will also have silver decals.

Leave a comment:

• kevin2502000
    replied
    From what I see the damage doesn't look that bad. You will like that easy cote.

Leave a comment:

• Dexter
    started a topic My Kat 750's paint job... watch it happen!

My Kat 750's paint job... watch it happen!

DONE!!! Please don't forget to watch for me in the May 2009 KOTM Pimpin thread. I'm hoping for a nomination.

More here

So this is the picture thread for my paint and body job. As I update the thread, I'll be adding all my pictures to this post.

I'll start with some before pictures:

In this pic, you can see some of the PO's road rash.

2009/02/17: Pulled most of the plastics off the bike.

So here's a couple of pics of my tiny workspace (aka shed)

02/20/2009 - Progress
    02/21/2009 - Progress
    03/08/2009 - Progress
    03/09/2009 - Progress
    03/19/2009 - Progress
    03/21/2009 - Progress

That's it for now!
    Last edited by Dexter; 07-10-2011, 08:48 PM. Reason: Update!
Working...
X