X

color scheme?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• color scheme?

i am trying to decide what color to paint my bike this summer and am lookin for some input.

my helmet is flat black with some gray and white
    my riding jacket is red and black, gloves as well.

i was thinking red side panels, with black bottom and tank.
    and either white or gray tail.

i was also thinking about having the levers either powder coated black or maybe even neon green for contrast.

any suggestions or examples.
    "Ride Safe, Ride Often"

sigpic

This is a tough question because everyone will have their own tastes. Personally, I don't like the idea of different colored panels. For two color schemes I think it is necessary for at least one or two pieces to be multi-colored. Now picking colors is a different animal. I would pick colors that you want to see on your bike. Forget about the gear. Chances are within a year or two you will buy new gear and you can match the new gear to the bike if you choose.

Best thing I can say about picking colors, is take a couple hours looking through the photo album to find something you like.
    -2000 "750"

Comment

I like blue .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

when coming up with color schema for websites, i use http://www.colorjack.com/sphere/ this nifty tool.. i suggest choosing "analogous" colors in the first dropdown and rotate the sphere to a hue you like. yeah, it doesnt have "metallic" or "pearl" but you can get a good idea for a scheme here.
        joey b.

Comment

I think the '88 GSXF color scheme looks great, and hey it's got all your colors. I won't be able to do it this year, but maybe next.

Attached Files
          1995 Suzuki Katana GSX750F

Comment

Working...
          X