Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Another shovel bites the dust (pic intensive)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work
    This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
    BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Originally posted by redciv1 View Post
      Nice work. The previous owner did it for me and I didn't even notice until I got the bike home. 2 questions:
      1. Where did you get the tag light from?
      2. How did you mount the tag. Because my plastics were missing fairing bolts I zip-tied the tag but once I get the proper fairing bolts then I will have to find another way to mount.
      1. I got the tag light from a multi-store who sells car accessory, bikes, hobby equipment and so on. It was in the boat equipment section actually.

2. Tag is mounted wit two L-brackets up into the existing holes in the undertray. These two bolts also hold the rear fairing in place.
      It is real sturdy but I'm not quite happy with the "industrial" look from underneath, I might paint them black or something in the future.
      All I do rigt now is ride

Originally posted by FASHER View Post
      Nice work
      Thanks
      Last edited by yngveny; 04-15-2009, 02:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      2002 GSXF 750

Comment

well it looks good. Ride on.
        FROM WORK:
        "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

nice job. when i did mine i got some brackets from lowe's and made my own stuff to work. i'm looking for the turn signals i used. they look really nice. carbon fiber, a buddy of mine of mine was like nice work on the brackets and the signals. looked sweet! btw, where did you get the LED light for yours. i couldn't find one that i liked or would work so i ended up using the stock bulb and drilled a hold just above the plate.

finally, didn't think it was going to be that hard. these are the ones i used but instead of the clear i was able to get them in iridium. they are so sweet! however, the cleat is pretty cool too!
            R.I.P. Marc- You will be missed!

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Comment

i am loving it.. but you can mount the factory turnsignals in such a way that they an still be used and will show right to the sides of tag.
              99 Katana GSX600F -03 Bandtana GSX1200F- 06 Charger Daytona R/T

The Tallest KAT Rider.. Out there! PERIOD.

Comment

yeah you can, When i did mine, i used L-brackets from a hardware store. They have 2 sets of wholes in them, I used 1 set of wholes to screw brackets into exhisitng fairing holes, Made the other 2 wholes big enough for the screw portion of the stalks to go in. Then bolted the stalk from behind. L- brackets are great and very inexpensive for this mod. Used a total of 4 bracket 2 per side. 1 set holds the tag, the other turned sideways hold the signals. All screwed into the same sets of fairing wholes. Good luck, I'll try to get pics if needed.
                SAV

Head up, eyes open... always!!!
                Be... and be not afraid.

Comment

Nice! I ditched mine this weekend too!!!

I think I gained 20 horse power!
                  '95 GSX750....bone stock, for now....

Comment

looks good i'm tring something like that too. i'm tring to get the signals to go with it to tho. that is the hard part

Comment

Good job! Clean!
                      Originally posted by katanawarrior
                      I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

Originally posted by NBX33 View Post
                        i am loving it.. but you can mount the factory turnsignals in such a way that they an still be used and will show right to the sides of tag.
                        Originally posted by sav View Post
                        yeah you can, When i did mine, i used L-brackets from a hardware store. They have 2 sets of wholes in them, I used 1 set of wholes to screw brackets into exhisitng fairing holes, Made the other 2 wholes big enough for the screw portion of the stalks to go in. Then bolted the stalk from behind. L- brackets are great and very inexpensive for this mod. Used a total of 4 bracket 2 per side. 1 set holds the tag, the other turned sideways hold the signals. All screwed into the same sets of fairing wholes. Good luck, I'll try to get pics if needed.
                        +1 Sure it can be done. However I never had the factory turnsignals for my bike. It had wingrack mounted ones when I bought it.

Originally posted by Ridin Dirty View Post
                        Nice! I ditched mine this weekend too!!!

I think I gained 20 horse power!
                        At least 20, with all that weight loss

Originally posted by Shifty View Post
                        Good job! Clean!
                        Thanks, I am still planning to paint those brackets black to make them blend in with the undertail better.
                        2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Wow that is awesome, great job.
                          2000 Katana 600

Comment

Thank you, and nice!

Comment

Working...
                            X