X

RANT Painting Solo-cowl RANT

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RANT Painting Solo-cowl RANT

Well. I decided to paint it on my own....and give my painting skills another chance. After ordering the aeresol can from www.Color-rite.com and waiting till the weather was on par (below 90% humidity) I decieded to get the cowl out for the new paintjob. I bought it used from KAT6. After sanding it down to give the new paint something to grab, wiping it down with wax/grease remover...I painted away.

But I felt something wasn't right. The color was going on pretty dark....so I decided to paint another coat about 2 min later. I wet sanded these coats....and painted again....feeling the can was getting low.....I used all of it up.........only to wet sand again to the previous coat.

I was ticked. So now I have to wait for another can to come...and hope it was from the same batch as the one I had.

So I have a half-painted blue/black satin finish cowl hanging in the garage waiting for 3 more coats of blue.

I feel like a dumbass. Althought the paint did dry to a nice smmoooootth finish that required almost no wet sanding, I still want to kick my own ass.

So for those doing this.....you may want to buy 2 cans......just to be on the safe side.
    My sig is boring.

what color primer did you use? If you used gray, you may want to go white, and vice versa.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

It took lou, 2 full cans to do mine, didnt it dude ?

Comment

Wow Eric, that sucks, now not only do you have a tailight that looks like a dogs penis, you went ahead and screwed up your solo cowl. Whats next, are you gonna try to fit a kawasaki zx12 motor in your katana..pshhh, what a moron

Comment

FFFFFFF UUUUUU Steve...You're just jealous that My Kat is blue....the fast color, thats why you know why my Kat's tail is like a penis...you see it enough. (that sounds weird now)

Na. Another can of paint is on the way.....just have to make sure it lasts.....good god if I have to buy another..........
          My sig is boring.

Comment

Working...
          X