X

pig spotters ,anyone?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pig spotters ,anyone?

saw the pig spotter mirrors. anyone ever use em? they say they're universal (yeah, sure.) just wonderin if anyone's ever seen em or used em. thanks and happy nu year
    thoughts create things

Give these a go...

Looking for the best exhaust for your Kat or need help with the installation ?
    From the Mesh Mod to the Fender Eliminator, installing new signals, Braada Cowls,
    Frame sliders or Undertails; Show us all of your custom mods and share your tips here.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

thanks gyt. thing is , i check my mirrors too much sometimes. had a near miss the other night. car in front of me hit the minivan in front of it, and if i were in my mirrors like i usually am i woulda been toast. think i might get some bar end foldovers instead. i always look over my shoulder when lane changin anyway, so i could use the foldovers for checkin my six at the light. whuddya think?
      Last edited by tobias; 12-30-2008, 11:23 PM. Reason: spelling
      thoughts create things

Comment

I guess I haven't put that much thought into it I check my mirrors, but I always pull to a light at an angle, so I always have my right side mirror full of the road. Especially if there is a car ahead of me. And it's not much of an angle, just a titch. If things get hairy, I can smash the throttle and pull to the right side of the car ahead of me. Mrs. Soccer Mom Rear-Ender hits the car I was behind, and I'm in the clear. That's the theory anyways. And, it's another reason not to sit at a light in neutral.

Let me add, if your riding with a buddy, and he pulls up parallel to you, you can always lean your body over to the left to see your mirror on the right, or lean the bike. Visa Versa works as well too. You have to have your mirrors set for this activity though.

Comment

Hello! I have only been riding for 2 weeks. Are you saying I don't need mirrors? If not, where are the pictures of the ones your referring too.
          ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
          I saw the pig spotter mirrors. anyone ever use em? they say they're universal (yeah, sure.) just wonderin if anyone's ever seen em or used em. thanks and happy nu year __________________
          thoughts create things
          2001 GSX 750-F Katana

"Greeneyedream"

Comment

No, they are replacement mirrors for the stock ones.

Comment

Pig spotters ? No thanks , I like to actually USE my mirrors once in a while .....
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

OEM mirrors are rock-solid. Mirror extenders help see around wider riders and improve field of view.

Pig-spotters are a joke, and unless you are riding a maxed-out busa and need to reduce the wind-profile for top-speed runs, they are useless, IMHO.

But like extended swingarms on the Kats, some forms of bling is always a matter of personal opinion (form over function)...

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet

Last edited by The CyberPoet; 12-31-2008, 05:12 AM.
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

where would one find mirror extenders?
                  May the road rise up to meet you.
                  May the wind always be at your back.
                  May the sun shine warm upon your face,
                  and rains fall soft upon your fields.
                  And until we meet again,
                  May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
                  RIP Marc

Comment

I was goin to get some. But I finally saw pics of a kat with them installed. And it looked like the kat had horns and they got cut in half. The front of the kat isn't lay over like the GSXR are. Its kinda curved up. So it just don't flow. Plus with the angle the mirrors ( pointing up) are 100% useless.
                    sigpic
                    Update Jul 11 2014
                    Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                      OEM mirrors are rock-solid. Mirror extenders help see around wider riders and improve field of view.

Pig-spotters are a joke, and unless you are riding a maxed-out busa and need to reduce the wind-profile for top-speed runs, they are useless, IMHO.

But like extended swingarms on the Kats, some forms of bling is always a matter of personal opinion (form over function)...

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      best description of pig spotters to date....

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by erok011 View Post
                        where would one find mirror extenders?
                        I used to have a batch of them that I had custom made by a former KR member, but I sold out of the batch and because sales on them had dwindled to virtually zero, I decided not to make another 25 pairs (minimum).

There is an outfit on the net that sells them, primarily targeting Busa owners, but they are the same thing for the 99-02 Busa's. A search through google should net you an answer...

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

all form no function, they look damn good though imo. I only use my left mirror anyway
                          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                          Originally posted by soulless kaos
                          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

ok, ok... i gave it a long hard thought while riding on new years eve, and i would rather have my stock mirrors because i do use them and easily because i'm used to them. i think i will try harder to keep my eyes foward more often and break this habit of looking back (old street racing days on 4 wheels always looking out for el fuzz) . i think the stock mirrors, as suzuki probably tought, look just right for the lines on the cat. thanks for all the input.

and ....

yeah greeney, use your mirrors, just not too often, especially for a new rider. look before you change lanes, but still look over your shoulder right before you go cause mirrors still offer a tiny blindspot. look behind you when you come to a stop to make sure someone comes to a COMPLETE stop behind you at the light. you don't wanna get rear ended if you dont have to. the occasional look back to see if the authorities are "luvin the kat" isn't a bad idea, but i wouldn't in thick traffic.
                            Last edited by tobias; 01-01-2009, 03:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                            thoughts create things

Comment

Working...
                            X