X

What a long week! Pearl white it is!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a long week! Pearl white it is!

A few months ago I chipped up my fairings pretty bad while removing the decals with a 3M wheel, but I touched them up and said "eh, I'll wait to paint until I drop it"... which didn't take long. It got cold and rainy out so I got to work. It's been a long week without riding but the payoff was worth it.

Before for reference:

As much as I intended to respray in the factory red, I just kept finding little chips and scratches here and there during teardown and by the time I had it all apart I figured I might as well just change it up. The color is my favorite "hot rod white" to use around the shop - Lexus Diamond White Pearl. Of course, right after I mixed the paint I searched the site and found at least two others painted the same color... oh well. I think it looks great with all the curves. I painted the lowers black again since I hadn't seen that done on a white one yet, and tomorrow I'll have new gold decals. Later in the winter I'll either paint the wheels black w/ white lips or gold (which would match my helmet and the new graphics). That should help make it a little more unique. Which would you guys do?

EDIT: Got my decals on today!

Last edited by Shifty; 12-12-2008, 01:53 PM.
    Originally posted by katanawarrior
    I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

looks good!! i think the wheel idea is good too
    sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
    k9 GSX-R 600
    GO VOLS!

Comment

Originally posted by gobigorange189 View Post
      looks good!! i think the wheel idea is good too
      Thanks, but which wheel idea? The gold or the blk/wht?

I keep looking at that pretty gold rotor on the front and imagining the wheels that color...

Comment

neither. its a good idea to put wheels on it! hahaha jk sorry forgot to specify. i think the gold would look awesome! with that decals and gold rotor and all
        sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
        k9 GSX-R 600
        GO VOLS!

Comment

Nice job. Mines goin white this winter too. I love white bikes. I think the gold would look killer as well. Im thinking about getting some gold powdercoating done as well when I paint it. Do you still have tape on the lights or did you paint them white?
          Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
          www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Man, that is white Looks like you did a really nice job with that paint.
            2002 GSXF 750

Comment

White looks awesome, change your avitar though

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

shifty its a damn small world, i am a member of golfmkv, and i used to frequent it quite often, though i dont post much. i remember your stellar paintjobs

Comment

Originally posted by Erki View Post
                  Do you still have tape on the lights or did you paint them white?
                  I painted them to match. I really like the way the signals integrate into that body line so I wanted to see how it looked with the signals the same color. Looks okay, and light shines through, but I think I'm going to sand them down and tint them instead.

latenite, it is a small world! Thanks for the compliment.

Comment

ohh very nice, I like the white...Kinda Rare on a Kat.

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

The ONLY things I would recommend: Paint the lowers white also, it would give it a sleeker and more finished look (IMO anyway), and go with the gold wheels.

Looks good!

Comment

the paint looks awesome.. NICE JOB! just out of curiousity. are the front blinkers still taped over or did you paint those too ?

Comment

Bike looks good!

I'd like to see the Beetle in the background though too....I'm a vdub nut as well.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                          You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Nice job

Have you considered painting the lowers gold? to match the gold accents you plan on putting on?

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Originally posted by LAsunbird86 View Post
                              The ONLY things I would recommend: Paint the lowers white also, it would give it a sleeker and more finished look (IMO anyway), and go with the gold wheels.

Looks good!

I agree....Gold wheels would SET IT OFF!!!!

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X