X

Just painted bike.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just painted bike.

I just got done painting the bike. I used the Krylon Fusion paint for plastics. I think it came out pretty good for a rattle can job. I need to figure out what stickers I want to put on it. Let me know what you think.
    Attached Files
    1995 Suzuki Katana 600

Gotta love the rattle can jobs. Nice work.
    1994 Suzuki GSX600F Katana
    Bone stock
    Looking to mod, Any ideas?

Comment

Bike looks good. I have used Krylon on my kids sleds (Snowmobiles) and found it worked well and held up well.

You should put the bike in the garage and get working on your lawn. Krylon also comes in Green......................
      Forgiveness is what defines us. For without forgiveness, humans would have annihilated themselves with endless retributions.

2004 600 Kat

Billet Aluminum frame clamps and custom delrin sliders for 98+ Kats
      http://www.burley1.ca

Comment

did you use clearcoat on that?

Looks pretty good, but you may want to consider wetsanding and buffing before you start adding decals. Looks like a lot of peel.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

You cannot use clearcoat over it. I almost made that mistake. I was just about to clearcoat my sons sled and and decided to call the mfg. They told me that it would lift the paint.
          Forgiveness is what defines us. For without forgiveness, humans would have annihilated themselves with endless retributions.

2004 600 Kat

Comment

not to bad of a job...

and i personally dont like any stickers but to each there own
            2000 Katana- vance and hines exhaust 03+ rear end, 14/48 sprockets, stage 1 jet kit, 5 degree ignition advancer, WANT B12 HEADER

1997 S10- 3/4 drop on 20 inch rims, tinted tails, shaved doors, tailgate, antenna, 12 inch orion sub with 1200 watt orion amp, hvac controls relocated in glove box, sony head unit with infinity components, smoothed and painted dash parts, chrome window cranks and shifter, too much to list

Comment

Still wetsand, it will take some of the peeling off if not all of it.
              Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Originally posted by ontariokatana View Post
                Bike looks good. I have used Krylon on my kids sleds (Snowmobiles) and found it worked well and held up well.

You should put the bike in the garage and get working on your lawn. Krylon also comes in Green......................
                HAH HAH HAH!

I am also drunk.

ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING!
                Originally posted by Nero
                "Be the ball, Danny. Be the ball."
                SUPPORT YOUR FORUM: Buy a KR decal!

MY 2001 600 KATANA - Sold... But never forgotten.

Comment

looks good
                  sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
                  k9 GSX-R 600
                  GO VOLS!

Comment

Originally posted by kevin2502000 View Post
                    Still wetsand, it will take some of the peeling off if not all of it.
                    I don't think i'd wetsand if there's no clear. You might get rid of the peel, but I don't think you could bring back the shine.

I always thought krylon hd a compatible clear. Not having clear coat is enough reason not to use krylon. Spill any gas on the tank and you'll be repainting it.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

dont use a clear coat. I have experimented with rattle can on plastics and metal alot. I used all rattle can on my bike. There is a glaze that you can use for your plastics that is amazing. Its at wal - mart. It's Krylon triple thick clear glaze. I used rustoleum clear on my gas tank just go slow or it will crack. There is also a plastic, metal, and rubber polish wal- mart sells that helps get rid of cracks. Its located in automotivce department next to motorcycle helmets and touch up paint. If you wet sand a little before you use the polish its looks pretty sharp..
                      1992 katana 600 sold to Luke
                      1993 katana 600 sold
                      Bandit 1250 2007

Comment

Originally posted by ontariokatana View Post

That's actually just shadows from the trees. My front yard is just dirt.

Thanks for all the comlpiments and ideas. I did put 2 clear coats on it and it seems just fine. I will try the stuff from walmart.
                        1995 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by mrtoofast4u View Post
                          That's actually just shadows from the trees. My front yard is just dirt.

Thanks for all the comlpiments and ideas. I did put 2 clear coats on it and it seems just fine. I will try the stuff from walmart.
                          If you haven't already, read this great post:

Got a tweaked piece of plastic? Some roughed up paint? Here's the place to get some tips on repairing your Suzuki Katana.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

They might have it for other types of Krylon, but they told me that the clear would not work over the plastic paint.

2004 600 Kat

Comment

Originally posted by chinto View Post
                              I don't think i'd wetsand if there's no clear. You might get rid of the peel, but I don't think you could bring back the shine.

I always thought krylon hd a compatible clear. Not having clear coat is enough reason not to use krylon. Spill any gas on the tank and you'll be repainting it.
                              I used a clear coat over the krylon from a auto paint supply store and i have not had any problems so far. I hit a big bird doing 50 mph and it cracked my windscreen so i was going to do a patch job until a bought another one but it held up pretty good.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X