X

tinted windshield

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tinted windshield

hey guys I am new to this site... and I am a brand new motocycle rider! just passed my test the other day! but the best part is that I bought a 95 gsx600 katana. I am trying to get a tinted windshield to replace the one that I got. Does anybody know where I can get one. and also...I was wondering if anybody knew what parts are interchangable with the 98+ GSX's.

You can get the windsheild pretty much anywhere. There are some different stule to choose from. You have Memphis Shades, they have one that is tinited on the bottom, and clear on top, you have Philips Lockhart whcih makes just the regular tinited ones. You can get Chrome colored ones. Check with SpeedWerkes. If your a member here, they may give you a bit of a discount, and they have great customer service!!! You actually get replies from REAL people!
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Mine's a Lockhart Phillips that I got from www.ridegear.com (who I've ordered several things from and have been happy) and I love it. Paid something like $10 less than the dealers on Ebay were asking for 'em. ($50 for Dark Smoke, like mine, or $40 for the medium smoke) Otherwise, there's tons of other sites that have them as well. Good luck, it's a great mod!

Comment

thats excellent.. the web company that I own is actually partnered with that site.. but which one do I order... the gsxr600 windscreen or the katana600 windscreen. I mean cause mine is not an R model. how similar are these bikes?

Comment

Sorry, missed the part that yours was a 95, I'm not sure as to the interchangability between the post and pre 98's. I'm sure someone who knows a little more about that will chime in soon though. Congrats on the new bike anyway!

Comment

thanx buddy!

Comment

I would love to find a website or somebody who knows the compatability in parts.. I guess you can look at part numbers...not sure where to find that either... but if anybody knows.. .

Comment

Pre 98's and post 98's do not use the same type of windscreen. The per 98's are more rectangle nd bolt up from the outside. The post 98's are more triangle, and concave a lot more.
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                X