X

03 tail

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 03 tail

just did the swap pics are coming soon, i was just wondering if i could get some pics of the primer you use for plastics...i know i could just go to the paint store and ask but im lazy and they arent open on sundays so yea...

btw did any of yall have trouble getting the lock back in and unlocking the seat? that took the longest time minus recrimping the harnesses...
    2000 Katana- vance and hines exhaust 03+ rear end, 14/48 sprockets, stage 1 jet kit, 5 degree ignition advancer, WANT B12 HEADER

1997 S10- 3/4 drop on 20 inch rims, tinted tails, shaved doors, tailgate, antenna, 12 inch orion sub with 1200 watt orion amp, hvac controls relocated in glove box, sony head unit with infinity components, smoothed and painted dash parts, chrome window cranks and shifter, too much to list

Did you change out the Lock Cable?
    The 03 and up Cable is longer than the 98-02 one. If you didn't there is your hang up on the hard install.
    Easiest pointer for that part of the install is to route the cable off the lock, unbolt the Seat lock from the frame, attach cable to the seat lock (frame side) mount the tail and then screw down the seat lock mechanism onto the frame - I've always did it this way and have had zero issues with the lock or the cable

Comment

Originally posted by Rodimus View Post
      Did you change out the Lock Cable?
      The 03 and up Cable is longer than the 98-02 one. If you didn't there is your hang up on the hard install.
      Easiest pointer for that part of the install is to route the cable off the lock, unbolt the Seat lock from the frame, attach cable to the seat lock (frame side) mount the tail and then screw down the seat lock mechanism onto the frame - I've always did it this way and have had zero issues with the lock or the cable
      this is pretty much what i did it was just adjusting the cable that was a pain in the *** but owell thats a good tip thanks
      2000 Katana- vance and hines exhaust 03+ rear end, 14/48 sprockets, stage 1 jet kit, 5 degree ignition advancer, WANT B12 HEADER

1997 S10- 3/4 drop on 20 inch rims, tinted tails, shaved doors, tailgate, antenna, 12 inch orion sub with 1200 watt orion amp, hvac controls relocated in glove box, sony head unit with infinity components, smoothed and painted dash parts, chrome window cranks and shifter, too much to list

Comment

sorry for the huge pics but this was the only method i found worked but as promised...

Last edited by 2000GSXKatana; 11-18-2008, 08:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

very nice, good job!
          myspace
          2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

other than the lock issue... difficult? or just complete bolt on switcharoo?
            the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
            # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
            [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

If you're swapping out the fender (which you have to do if you care about all the holes lining up) it's a big mroe involved. You have to remove all cables connected to it, the ingnitor, and something else, but I can't remember what. Then either pry it out over the wheel and pry in the replacement, or drop the wheel somehow. I tore up my artifbras undertail trying to squeeze it in over the wheel. Next time (for paint) the wheel comes off.
              Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
              -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
              -Terence

Comment

Originally posted by kat_kitten View Post
                other than the lock issue... difficult? or just complete bolt on switcharoo?
                not hard at all if you have patience and know how to wire your good...
                other than the wiring and the lock cable issue(which you dont need to change out, just adjust it accordingly) its fairly straight foward

Comment

Where did you find the tail? I'm thinking about doing this to my Kat.
                  Oderint dum metuant
                  -Caligula

Comment

Originally posted by dewke View Post
                    Where did you find the tail? I'm thinking about doing this to my Kat.
                    found mine on ebay

Comment

Working...
                    X