X

Broken tail light...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken tail light...

Well, I was riding the beast the other day and discovered that the reflector directly under my tail light is broken in half. Don't know if it was broken at the dealer, if I caught something backing the bike into the garage, or a miscreant perpetrated some form of evil mischief on my bike while at work. Anyway, since the bike is brand new, and I wanna keep it looking that way, does anyone have a replacement for sale? The tail light cover itself is OK, it's just the plastic underneath that is busted...

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated... Thanks.
    2005 Red Katana 600!

How y'all mom n' 'em?

Can you post a pic?

Are you talking about the reflector on the mud guard / shovel?
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Lou-

Nah, can't post a pic, no digital camera... What it is is the oblong piece of red plastic directly south of the tail light. I believe that it is one piece, connected to the tail light cover. Half of it is there, and the other half is missing, broken off.
      2005 Red Katana 600!

How y'all mom n' 'em?

Comment

So you mean its the reflector right, that sits on the license plate light cover ?, sticks out the farthest from the rear on the shovel.

This is mine before I chopped off the shovel.. is this what u r referring to right?

Comment

Sorta, but it looks like it's directly connected to the tail light... I'll go by Wally World tonight and buy a disposable camera, and put the pics on CD so I can upload. I need to post pics of the bike anyway...
          2005 Red Katana 600!

How y'all mom n' 'em?

Comment

On the 2002 and up bikes it is connected. Clear Alternatives sells smoked and clear ones for $40. Or you can spend an extra 40 and go for the LED lights with integrated blinkers, cleands up the back end a lot. I think you can get a discount if you order through Kat Riders so look around on our site first.

Comment

Thanks... I'm not ready to start modding yet, other than the planned reflectorectomy, so I'll PM Special K and see if he has any 2002 + tail light covers to sell that are stock...

I'll still get the camera so I can post some pics...
              2005 Red Katana 600!

How y'all mom n' 'em?

Comment

Think I just found one... Thanks for the help!
                2005 Red Katana 600!

How y'all mom n' 'em?

Comment

nice.. post up some pics when you get them, cuz u've peeked my curiousity now as to what exactly u mean.

Comment

I think this is what ha was talking about Matt.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

yep, that would be it I would imagine.. gotta love those 03 tails huh!

Comment

Thanks for the assist, ZukiFred... STILL haven't made it to Wally World to get the camera, but when I do I'll resurrect this thread and post some pics!
                        2005 Red Katana 600!

How y'all mom n' 'em?

Comment

Working...
                        X