X

swingarm

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swingarm

Hey, all. I was wondering, My kat needs a new swing arm, i was interested in converting/getting a bigger - extended swing arm. Where is everyone getting their extended swing arms, im looked and looked, and all ive found is people telling me you have to build them, I dont have the tools to do so, can anyone let me know of a place to purchase one or have an extra. i've got an 01'

Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

google thompson custom cycles. they make one for your bike..but its 1000 bucks..then you gotta buy a new wheel bc it fits a 240..and a new tire and a new chain and shim the tranny. you will pay more for your swingarm then the entire bike is worth. good luck
      sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
      k9 GSX-R 600
      GO VOLS!

Comment

pm Its_Not_A_Knife
        Chrome Project Part 1
        http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

Originally posted by gobigorange189 View Post
          google thompson custom cycles. they make one for your bike..but its 1000 bucks..then you gotta buy a new wheel bc it fits a 240..and a new tire and a new chain and shim the tranny. you will pay more for your swingarm then the entire bike is worth. good luck
          Sounds like the motorcycle equivalent of ricers spending more money on rims, than the cars total worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
            Sounds like the motorcycle equivalent of ricers spending more money on rims, than the cars total worth.

exactly. or the guy that you see driving a 1980something caprice that was 500 bucks...with 26 in rims that were 10grand lol. it just doesnt add up??
            k9 GSX-R 600
            GO VOLS!

Comment

Originally posted by gobigorange189 View Post
              exactly. or the guy that you see driving a 1980something caprice that was 500 bucks...with 26 in rims that were 10grand lol. it just doesnt add up??
              Wow, thats a daily to see that in the 'dirty souf' ....bah....i hate it here....

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by whitecl0ver View Post
                Wow, thats a daily to see that in the 'dirty souf' ....bah....i hate it here....
                yeah especially here on the beach during spring break. it just laugh at them lol
                k9 GSX-R 600
                GO VOLS!

Comment

Originally posted by Handydandy
                  Thanks all For NO help. but thanks for your honest opinions on it
                  If you can say anything about us on katriders, it's that we're honestly all jerks

Comment

I don't understand why people flame this kind of stuff. A motorcycle is a personal expression and some people like doing these things to their bikes. It's very common on ss bikes, but if you see a katana with a 240 and 8 in extension its something out of the ordinary and makes people stop and look. I understand what you are trying to accomplish and I think a kat looks great all stretched out. There is a guy on here, legacycycles, that had built an extended swingarm for his pre 750. He said he wouldn't mind building some, so maybe you should shoot him a pm and get something going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
                      If you can say anything about us on katriders, it's that we're honestly all jerks
                      2000 Katana- vance and hines exhaust 03+ rear end, 14/48 sprockets, stage 1 jet kit, 5 degree ignition advancer, WANT B12 HEADER

1997 S10- 3/4 drop on 20 inch rims, tinted tails, shaved doors, tailgate, antenna, 12 inch orion sub with 1200 watt orion amp, hvac controls relocated in glove box, sony head unit with infinity components, smoothed and painted dash parts, chrome window cranks and shifter, too much to list

Comment

I'm not even in this thread SWEET!

Comment

Originally posted by streebs93 View Post
                          I don't understand why people flame this kind of stuff. A motorcycle is a personal expression and some people like doing these things to their bikes. It's very common on ss bikes, but if you see a katana with a 240 and 8 in extension its something out of the ordinary and makes people stop and look. I understand what you are trying to accomplish and I think a kat looks great all stretched out. There is a guy on here, legacycycles, that had built an extended swingarm for his pre 750. He said he wouldn't mind building some, so maybe you should shoot him a pm and get something going on.

i wasnt flaming anyone. i personally like stretched bikes. some look really good, but i think its stupid to spend 1500+ bucks on a swingarm assembly on a bike that is (if wrecked) worth not that much
                          k9 GSX-R 600
                          GO VOLS!

Comment

If its possible go for it. I made fun of a friend for wanting to put a lift kit on a chevy tracker( hahaha still makes me laugh), when it was done it looked cool as hell. The weight was too much for the tailgate with the spare tire on it, so it broke the hinges off. It rode like a tank with cupped tries. But it looked cool and thats what he wanted so damn the costs. Its your bike, your just wanting to make it more yours. Im all for your stretched Kat..

arsenic your my hero on here, mdoe8 said you were funny and now I see what he means....
                            1992 katana 600 sold to Luke
                            1993 katana 600 sold
                            Bandit 1250 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handydandy

It has
                              93 Gsxr 1100 forks
                              duel headlights i made
                              no fairings - Im looking for some, or thinking about molding my broke oem's into a solid piece and then stacking the headlights on-top of one another for like a racing fairing look, but the front end is so bulky because its a sport touring bike

everything is good now, i just need to figure out a way to mount the gauges on the bike without making it look like crap.

Yet the rear of the bike- stock tail, i just don't like where the swing arm sits. its tucked too far under i think. do something different
                              If you insist on extending your kat, at least sell those GSXR forks, or trade somebody for their kat forks. Those are great forks for somebody that will really hit some corners with them, and they would go all to waste on a stretched out bike.

Take a gander at my pictures in my garage..... that's the best way I found to mount the gauges with no fairing.

And putting an extended swingarm on isn't different; it's what EVERY custom sportbike mag has plastered all over it. I feel the same way about them that I do about the whole sport-compact car scene. It was cool when it was all about going faster. Once it turned into an image, with no substance, then I couldn't respect it anymore. It's just my personal opinion.

And yeah, I'd say there's a good few of us that have no period between thought and post..... whatever we think, that's what you hear!
                              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
                              X