X

frame sliders

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frame sliders

does anyone know of where to find sliders for the 06 kat? or if there are any others that can be used to do the job? do you drill a hole in the frame or are there brackets to hole the sliders in place? any help would be great.
    Shinny side up!

Type in sliders in the search option near the top of the page.
    Braunstein 82 has a well proven design and his include the delrin sliders!

Comment

yes plz use the search feature

Comment

send a PM to ontariokatana.

Comment

Hey, i have frame sliders, and you just use any sliders, i have a homemade bracket, that works i can send a pic.s of what it looks like! they work, my bikes gone down

Comment

here is what, works for a frame slider. they work!
            Last edited by Handydandy; 12-09-2008, 03:50 PM.

Comment

i bought some of ontariokatana's slider clamps, the threads were cut a little off plane, couldn't find any slider sets that would fit, had to use some honda bar ends, but otherwise was very helpful, if you've got a 750 be prepared for much sawing!
              "Too weird to live, too rare to die"
              Where's Waldo?
              sigpic

Comment

Handydandy, you don't have fairing, that kinda makes a difference

Comment

Originally posted by Handydandy View Post
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/11557646@N00/3095594415/

here is what, works for a frame slider. they work!

Are they braunsteins sliders you have there

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                    Handydandy, you don't have fairing, that kinda makes a difference
                    Hey, dont hate cause i dont have fairings on the bike at the moment, I dropped the bike coming to a stop it was cold and i couldn't move wasn't dressed for the cold! The bike has been down a second time, "I wasn't the rider, the rider rear ended a car!" I just am a broke college kid, i cant replace pieces right away like some people. Man i can barely afford anything - But the sliders worked/did what they were supposed to.

bike; is fixed just needed the forks, and now a new headlight. when i get those pieces, im good to go again! Hence the headlights that i homemade on the bike now, two fog-lights with the backs cut out and the h4 bulbs JB-welded in, they work to let me ride on the road.

Clamps for frame sliders were home made! and the frame sliders themselves were from cycle barn, dont know the brand!
                    Last edited by Handydandy; 12-16-2008, 05:16 AM.

Comment

aren't frame slider supposed to protect the fairings? They worked great

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                        aren't frame slider supposed to protect the fairings? They worked great
                        they did work! and yes they are supposed to protect the fairings, they did protect the fairings. but another person was riding my bike, and rear ended a car. frame sliders dont protect from a front end hit, read the post!

Comment

how in the holy hell would rear ending a car do ANYTHING to your main fairings? What did he rear end a semi? Those things really sneak up on ya, gotta be careful.
                          Last edited by arsenic; 12-18-2008, 03:53 PM.

Comment

R.I.P. Marc

Comment

Originally posted by JZ67 View Post
                              Ugh, it's another one of "these threads"...

I'm going to try and fab some sliders this spring. I'll let you know if I figure anything out.
                              Originally posted by katanawarrior
                              I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

Working...
                              X