X

I am looking for a raceing bodykit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am looking for a raceing bodykit

I am looking for a racing body kit that would go on a 2001 katana 600 i am trying to turn into a track bike. does anyone know where i can get one? thanks for the help.

first step would be to get a racing bike They don't make one

Comment

He is correct. There is not a kit for the katanas like the other bikes. Have to fab one up for track use.
      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

*edit*

Nevermind, I'm a dope...
        None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
        -Robert Morrison

"
        well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

While nobody makes a racing body for the kat. airtech does make fiberglass stock shaped body panels. wouldn't take much to glass over the headlight opening (remove the headlight), and glass over the rear (remove the tailight). use the stock seat, and windscreen. While the kat would make a terrible racebike, it would make a decent track bike for somebody new to the track. I've learnt a TON about riding the kat at the track. For one is soldi, and reliable. Pretty easy to approach, and overtake the stock bikes limits of power, and handling, without getting in over your head as possible on other bikes such as modern supersports. It's freaking unbeleivable on tires (something not so with higher hp bikes).

another option is to try and fit body work from another bike. if you can do fiberglass, look on a local racing forum, or post on the local craigslist asking racers for old beat up bodywork. stuff is pretty cheap, and who cares if it needs repairs. you'l have to modify it to fit anyway, so whats a bit more glass work

Comment

Im with Dan, airtech is your option.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Airtech does make a panel for the headlight

And it also looks like they may make solo cowls now too.

-
              -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

they always have

Comment

Originally posted by Londob5 View Post
                  Airtech does make a panel for the headlight

And it also looks like they may make solo cowls now too.

those parts ain't gonna fit an '01
                  KLR 650, KLR 250, Beta TR 32 trials bike, Katana 600, BMW R65, Tundra V8 4x4

Comment

i would keep an eye on craigslist for bikes with no titles for really cheap.. kat is not a race bike by any means.. fun yes ,, race no.. but i guess it does come back to the rider. but its pretty easy to find the gsxr's and r1's with no titles. no title doesn't always mean stolen..

Comment

Working...
                    X