Is $600 USD too much to pay some one to paint your bike
    Yes
    22.58%
    No
    58.06%
    Rattle Can it...
    19.35%
    ...peaking from under a sleeping bag..."Hi, I'm Zuma"

I'm already in a club but we have Bombers, Fighters and Big Friggin Guns!!!

You're going to have to be more descriptive than that......

Who's doing the prep-work? Assembly/disassembly?
    What kind of paint? Base/clear or enamel? Pearl? Metallic?
    What kind of shape is the body in now?
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Just the fairings. 2x belly pieces, 2x side cowls, 2x nose pieces and the front fender.

Comment

Depends on what your time is worth, what kind of detail you want, and how much of a perfectionist you are.

JMHO
        -
        -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

What color? The price range for colors is as broad as the spectrum available....you could go from $20 a pint to $400+ per pint.

I think you should just get the paint from color rite that matches your factory paint code and just spray the tail instead of the whole bike. Way cheaper and I personally like the charcoal grey....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
          You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

its a katana it deserves the respect

or you can do it your self just buy the tools

the cost is the same but the tools stay forever

i bought a aircompressor for 200 and a spray gun for 40

the paint was 100 and the experience priceless

if you do do it your self make shure its fully prepped and make shure its in a warm place
            or it will look like a driedup snake
            Last edited by ICEG; 11-07-2008, 10:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Pacerman View Post
              Just the fairings. 2x belly pieces, 2x side cowls, 2x nose pieces and the front fender.
              At first I thought you were answering someone else's post..... but then I realized that there were no other posts!

Really, more details are required.... see my first post.
              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Ok, after gandering at your other posts, i see you want it all black. You are in luck, standard pitch black is one of the cheapest colors available. I would say you could have less than $500 in painting it from a buddy who knows how to paint decent. Pending no serious bodywork of course.

I still hold firm on the position of painting the tail to match the other color code. I know its new with shiny black paint, but you're money ahead that way....besides, you want to make eight parts match the one that doesn't match. I guess I'm looking at this too logically.

Yes, you need to paint eight parts...2 mains, 2 lowers, 2 nose, the fender, and the tank, you forgot to list that earlier....unless you still want one part that doesn't match the rest....

paint the tail. quick, easy, cheap. Plus it'll be cheap enough that the wifey or GF won't get all bent out of shape about spending a little more money on it.
                Last edited by teddy; 11-08-2008, 12:13 AM.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Yeah i think i will paint the tail... I like the color of the tail better and have some minor scuffs on the front of the bike. Oh well

Comment

i paid $400 for my bike to be painted black after I took all the parts off and I did all the prep work, so if you could pay $600 for somebody to do everything that doesn't sound too bad to me.
                    Life is what happens when your making plans :mrgreen:

92 katana 600
                    98 katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by Pacerman View Post
                      Is $600 USD too much to pay some one to paint your bike
                      depends on who that someone is. Are they a professional painter? Have you seen there results? What prep wprk is involved? Decals on the tank are a pain to remove and an even bigger pain for a painter to replace.

600 for a complete paintjob is very reasonable for a straght forward prep and spray.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Working...
                      X