X

Undertray for a pre..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undertray for a pre..

As a part of this winters project on my pre, I’m thinking of a undertray. I have not been able to find any “out of the box” products, so I’m thinking of making one my self.
    Do any of you guys have some points, experiences, links or similar that can help me in this process. I have no experience in doing glasfiber work or similar…
    Any help would be nice )
    Greetings from the Land of milk and Honey – well yes... and Lego...

------------------------
    95 Katana 600
    05 BETA 270 rev3

I have found the best source for Fiberglas tips and processes is not in the motor sports area. Google sites for custom speaker boxes for cars and movie fan costumes..
    Some movie geeks make Fiberglas Stormtrooper, Gundam suits etc.. I have found these sites go into the mold making process better and in the case of speaker boxes, quick and dirty methods..

Comment

Wow… Black Peter – dont know if I am to thank you or hate you…
      I have been looking on sites on making movie fan costumes – and I have never seen so many weirdoes. The thing that worries me the most, is that they probably think the same of us if they visit katriders.com
      Thank for the input…

------------------------
      95 Katana 600
      05 BETA 270 rev3

Comment

Originally posted by Tjums View Post
        Wow… Black Peter – dont know if I am to thank you or hate you…
        I have been looking on sites on making movie fan costumes – and I have never seen so many weirdoes.

Yeah that's true, but leave it to a rabid fan to blog about every last detail!
        Did you find stuff that helped? I went looking for a few that I thought had lots of info but got distracted with work.

Comment

stupid work.
          sigpic

Comment

maybe getting a gsxr undertray or bandit and then making it fit might be easier as im thinking of this as well mate

Comment

I think SEQX34 did some kinda pre undertail thingy

Comment

Originally posted by jdm5770 View Post
                stupid work.
                Huh??
                What does that mean?

Comment

I would think that if you took your factory undertail and maybe back filled the deep area of the fender with expandable foam, then shaped it out, you would have something of a mold on your hands to start from.....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                  You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Sorry I’m first replying now… this little thing called time difference

First… Black Peter – Yes I did find it helpful (all though I now also know how to speek Klingon and what Jabba the Hutt’s favorite dish is… lol . If I’ll make the cast from scratch, there are some good helpful points there.

Deanocing - The thought of using a existing untertray has crossed my mind – the only problem is witch one , so before I just rush out to my local fiber glass parts dealer, I was hoping that a fellow katrider had done the conversion. Ill try to speak to the fiber shop, and ask them – they might know something.. Ill let you know…

Arsenic – I was thinking off SEQX34 – I remember when he was made KTOM. I have just checked out his photo album, and his undertray is made in aluminum, and is close to factory. He has made one killer Hugger though – I think he has done that from a bandit…

Teddy – Thanks for the input .. it’s a good idea.. I have to do some sort of lining before though.. building foam Is some serious sticky stuff..

------------------------
                    95 Katana 600
                    05 BETA 270 rev3

Comment

Originally posted by Tjums View Post

Teddy – Thanks for the input .. it’s a good idea.. I have to do some sort of lining before though.. building foam Is some serious sticky stuff..
                      I would use aluminum tin foil and/or plastic wrap personally....it's what i use when i make cowls to prtect the seat.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                      You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

I know dad and Pat made that on the old bike (is still in the shop)
                        Last edited by Anoucka; 04-04-2009, 07:07 AM.

Comment

looks damn nice there jet
                          so many roads so little time

Comment

Jet… That look super nice.. Do you know whether they build it up from scratch or used some undertray from another bike as a start…

------------------------
                            95 Katana 600
                            05 BETA 270 rev3

Comment

Originally posted by Jet View Post
                              I know dad and Pat made that on the old bike (is still in the shop)
                              I'm not sure if Katriders goes back that far. As I remember your dad did that before the digital gauge package. Wasn't that right about the time KR got started?

Comment

Working...
                              X