X

Holy Crap I Love This Mod....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Crap I Love This Mod....

First of all I would like to say that anyone looking into a tailight for their Kat, MUST go to Clear Alternatives. I ordered the part from these guys on wednesday and on friday it was at my front door. They are a great company. Anyways, I ordered from them the smoked Integrated tailight for my 05 and, wow. It looks amazing and was super easy to install. Check out my ride profile to see a pic if your interested.

Looks great.

Comment

Looks great!!
      I went with the clear on my Kat. I think it is a much cleaner look without those old turn signals sticking out on each side.
      Meilleur service client, taux d’interêt et offre de bienvenue ? Trouvez la banque en ligne qui vous convient grâce à notre comparatif/guide et économisez en moyenne 150 euros par an !

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

What does the install consist of for an integrated taillight?
        > Vince <

05 Katana 600
        97 Mustang GT
        95 GMC K2500 4x4

Comment

the integrated consists of a couple things..

First the tail/brake.. that is simple enough just take out your bulbs and put the socket seat for the intergrted light in an empty socket and bam your done with that. I also took out one of the sockets form the tail so that the wires for the turnsignals could fit through it.

For the turn I foudn a couple of old turn signals. (you can use yours on your bike) an removed the wiring harness from them. I then wired the turn wires up to the old turn harness so i could remove the rear light without taking it apart. I just unhook the harness and it;s done. The kit does have two resistors (which i did install) that goes from the pos of the turn signal wire to the neg turn signal wire. Without them you can just ho up the one turn signal wire. However your blink rate wil be really fast because the system wil think that one of your lights is out and will do the fast blink rate. I have it installed on my bike and I love it.. and Clear alternatives are the bomb diggity. I like them so much i have a banner in my signature.

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

I tried to wire mine up without the resistors and they wouldnt come on at all. Even with them wired in, they still blink super fast.

Comment

if that is the case then you wired them up wrong..

My guess is you wired up to the wrong wire for the turn lights... I tested mine before i soldered the connections. That is why it works ith the resistor but not without.. because you are drawing charge from the other side if you wired the resistor the proper way.. the resistor should be placed so it connects pos and neg wires together. I am impatient so i did not take pics when i installed mine

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Well what good are ya?, no pics !!!

I definately like the clear look as well, Nice job !

Comment

"BBBlllaaah blah blah.....I l like my smoked taillight....." I hate you Steve..!!!!!! That was my mod.....if your bike comes up missing.....you'll know who did it......
                  Duffy.

Na seriously. Tail looks MUCH better with the giant mud-flap off and new smoked tail. Zip-ties work wonders........
                  My sig is boring.

Comment

are these available for the 98 modle?

Comment

Originally posted by andrehendricken
                      are these available for the 98 modle?
                      Nope, different style tail light.
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

I love the look of the Clear Alternatives housings...especially the blinkers towards the front of the bike. I can't wait to get my own.

Comment

nice
                          A fucked up ride is better than a dressed up walk

Comment

ummm how bout puttin a pic in your ride profile that has the tail light in it? hmm?

Comment

I got my set of clear alternatives [signals/tail light] and a set of cateye blinkers all with bulbs shipped for 115 from www.58cycle.com or at least its something like that.
                              Ride On,
                              Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X