Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Reshaped the front fender...what do you think??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reshaped the front fender...what do you think??

So, a couple months ago my bike was backed into (thanks Mom) and the front fender was scratched and cracked. I debated buying a new one or finding one from another bike to put on that wasn't so...bulky? I always kind of liked the front fender on the pre's so I used that as an idea and started cutting. It's amazing what you can to with some masking tape, a Dremel, steady hands and a good eye.

The first two pics are of the stock fender:

Here's some shots of the new and improved fender:

I think it looks pretty good. I tried to match the shape/angle of the leading edge of the front fairings. I think it came out pretty close.
    2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
    BMC Notorious 918 HT
    2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Looks good. Nice Work.

That pipe looks good too.
    sigpic

Twist your Wrist

Comment

Really nice job... well done!!!

Comment

I had to arrow back up to see what the heck you did. Great Job. Never would have known it wasn't supposed to be that way if you didn't have the other pics in front of you. Looks great.
        sigpic
        1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

Great job! I think the best mods are the ones that take a second look to notice.

Comment

Excellent work!!! I like it.
            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
            ------------------------------------------
            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Look really good. Nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by mather_builders View Post
                I had to arrow back up to see what the heck you did.

Looks great! Did you have to do a little touch up work on the paint after trimming?

Comment

Originally posted by albuKat View Post

Looks great! Did you have to do a little touch up work on the paint after trimming?
                  Thanks!

Not at all. I used masking tape to get the lines just right and then slapped a cutting wheel on my Dremel and set it at the lowest speed and just took my time. When I took the tape off, I switched to a fine sanding barrel to smooth out the edges and it never bothered the paint. I thought for sure I'd be having to repaint it, but it came out looking great!
                  BMC Notorious 918 HT
                  2007 GSXR 750

Comment

I really like the look!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Thats looks great. U think you cuz post some measurement. Something really serious but something for a general guideline
                      sigpic
                      Update Jul 11 2014
                      Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Yeah, I could, but I really didn't measure anything. I found the center line of the fender and used a dry erase marker to mark it on the fender. Then i put the bottom edge of the masking tape at the lower corner of the fender and started playing around with it until I got the angled look i liked best. Then I just used tape on the other side and matched it up. I cut along the bottom of the tape very carefully. Of course, when I finished cutting, the fender had a point at the tip. I just used the marker again and a string to get the right radius on the tip that I liked and marked and cut. Then sanded it lightly to smooth the edges. When I get home I can take some basic measurements like the length of the fender from the fork brace to the tip. Other than that, it was pretty easy and just used my eyes to get the look I wanted. Only took about an hour or so to do from start to finish. I'll take some close up pics of it and post em up to give you an idea of what I am talking about.
                        BMC Notorious 918 HT
                        2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Nice work. I really like it. Especially from the front.
                          Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
                          www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Originally posted by CenCalKat View Post
                            Yeah, I could, but I really didn't measure anything. I found the center line of the fender and used a dry erase marker to mark it on the fender. Then i put the bottom edge of the masking tape at the lower corner of the fender and started playing around with it until I got the angled look i liked best. Then I just used tape on the other side and matched it up. I cut along the bottom of the tape very carefully. Of course, when I finished cutting, the fender had a point at the tip. I just used the marker again and a string to get the right radius on the tip that I liked and marked and cut. Then sanded it lightly to smooth the edges. When I get home I can take some basic measurements like the length of the fender from the fork brace to the tip. Other than that, it was pretty easy and just used my eyes to get the look I wanted. Only took about an hour or so to do from start to finish. I'll take some close up pics of it and post em up to give you an idea of what I am talking about.
                            Thats would be perfect!!! Thanks
                            sigpic
                            Update Jul 11 2014
                            Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Looks good man

Comment

Working...
                              X