FRAME SLIDERS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FRAME SLIDERS

HI GUYS,
    I A LOOKING TO PURCHASE A SET OF "CHROME" FRAME SILDERS. I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING, AND CAN NOT FIND WHICH COMPANY MAKES THEM TO FIT THE 98+ KATANAs. DOES ANY 1 KNOW WHICH COMPANY, AND MODEL FITS THE NEWER KATs....ALSO WHERE TO GET THE BEST PRICE ON THEM....GREATLY APPRECIATED
    (((((((RIDE HARD OR GO HOME)))))))

I just bought a set of Yamaha sliders they are 3.5" long...so those will fit. I bought them off a guy on eBay, he has his own eBay store.

Comment

you do know that frame sliders do not fit nor were they made for katanas. you have to drill the frame or make some other type of mounting hardware to mount the frame slider..
      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

YES I KNOW YOU HAVE TO DRILL, BUT DO ANY FRAME SLIDERS FIT, IF NOT PLZ BE EXACT , LIST THE NAME OF THE COMPANY AND MODEL NUMBER OF THE SLIDERS, THANX ALOT

Comment

I HAVE ACTUALLY BEEN SEARCING ON EBAY AND HAVE COME ACROSS A FEW AND WOULD LIKE YOU OPINIONS ON THE...WILL THEY FIT , PRICING, AND DURABILITY ...ETC...

A) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...554437446&rd=1

B) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...554431717&rd=1

C) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true

D) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...553945082&rd=1

Comment

Tokolosh posted these on another topic

Comment

I would think any of those would work Supa... your basically looking for something that has the same length sliders for each side.[/quote]
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Ive been considering sliders as well.. hhmm, just not keen on drilling into my frame though so I'd probably go the other route, so we'll see.

Comment

whats the other way?
                  The Katana's Big Brother
                  1999 1200s StreetFighter Bandit

Comment

Originally posted by katana91
                    whats the other way?
                    Making a bracket that would wrap around the fram, and would allow the slider to screw into.
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

you could always weld the brackets to the frame and then paint over the welds.

Comment

THANX ALOT 4 THE RESPONSES GUYS... YES I AM HESITANT TO DRILL THE FRAME TOO... WILDKAT IF YOUCAN THINK OF FABRICATING A BRACKET , PLEEEZE LET ME ON IT TOO, I AM AFRAID TO RIDE MY NEW 750 ......THINKING I MAY SOME HOW , SOME WHERE SLIDE ON OIL ...(HAVING BAD EXPERIENCE WITH OIL , ESPECIALLY AT THE TOOL BOOTH !)

Comment

Working...
                        X