Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Bike painted...just looking for opinions!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great job!!
    sigpic
    1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

Exceptional job, especially for rattle can. Maybe even changed my mind about going that route.

As for clearcoating - if I could make a suggestion... Check how well your clearcoating will hold up on your tank if/when you spill gas on it. I know that there are two different kinds - one that is fine everywhere else, and one that... well, ain't.
      "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Originally posted by Londob5 View Post
        Yeah those front fenders are a biotch. You have to take the front wheel off to get at 'em.
        I didn't have to take the wheel off on my pre...but the clearances are probably different. Plus, I still can't figure how I got mine on...just luck I guess.
        -Izzy

"If you're gonna be a turd, go lay on the lawn."
        -My wife

Comment

On my pre I can barely get my hand between the tire and fender with a pair of needle nose pliers or a small crescent wrench and hold the nuts to pull it off. Getting the nut started putting it back on is a real pain, holding the nut over the hole with one finger while trying to catch a thread, but it's doable if you have enough patience. Helps if you remove the screws that tie the metal plate to the forks first, so you can lift the fender up slightly.
          John,
          '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
          sigpic

Comment

Nice. I like the fade.
            sigpic

Twist your Wrist

Comment

Damn. This is coming from a painter: that looks great!
              Originally posted by katanawarrior
              I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

That is pretty darn good.
                FROM WORK:
                "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

Comment

Working...
                X