X

Comp Werks Fender Elim. Crisis?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comp Werks Fender Elim. Crisis?!

Ive looked at every thread on the forums about the Competition Werks fender eliminator, and I can find anywhere the answer to my question. Which is, do you have to CUT away the rear shovel, or does it come with some kind of peice that replaces all of the plastic compartments and everything under the seat? If you have to cut the shovel anyways, it would be WAY cheaper to just cut it away and buy the clear alternatives integrated tail light, but if it replaces all of the under seat crap then I would really like to do it. please help!

Comment

Waste of $$$$ IMHO.

See pic above.

Comment

You will have to cut the shovel and seperate the tail to install it. Kind of a pain in the a$$.
        I have the same thing here.

Comment

So basically youre paying for a peice of metal to screw your license plate to and 2 blinkers? For 130 bucks? What a rape...

Comment

I trimmed my shovel down with a dremmel, Remounted my plate as close to the plate light as possible and bought some short stalk carbon fiber look blinkers and it is a huge improvement that only cost me about $25.

Comment

Originally posted by XFastStevwoX
              So basically youre paying for a peice of metal to screw your license plate to and 2 blinkers? For 130 bucks? What a rape...
              Yea, when I opened the box and saw what I paid for I freaked. But it looks good on the Kat.

Comment

I'm still in the middle of installing my kit (waiting to borrow neighbors drill and bits) but I think it is going to look pretty nice once its done.

You definately need to do some shovel hacking to install the kit and they give you a metal plate which fills in the opening. I painted the parts black to match my bike and I think it'll be a huge improvement over the stock look.

If I had the time and money I would probably have gotten the Metisse undertail for it instead but after buying it, having it shipped, and then prepping & painting it to match I just did not think it would be worth it.
                I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

I just cut off mine flush, and then Corey made a bracket for me.
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

Special K had some brackets that work great. I think I bought one from him for about $30 shipped.

Comment

Fender eliminator

Originally posted by skasner
                      I'm still in the middle of installing my kit (waiting to borrow neighbors drill and bits) but I think it is going to look pretty nice once its done.

You definately need to do some shovel hacking to install the kit and they give you a metal plate which fills in the opening. I painted the parts black to match my bike and I think it'll be a huge improvement over the stock look.

If I had the time and money I would probably have gotten the Metisse undertail for it instead but after buying it, having it shipped, and then prepping & painting it to match I just did not think it would be worth it.
                      Be carefull not to cut too high. Cut just below the lip. The instructions tell you to do otherwise. You are going to need some of the plastic to cover attach the metal bracket to.
                      DBL

Comment

I got my Comp Werks fender eliminator off of Ebay. Guy was selling the bracket w/ his already chopped fender and working turnsignals.... won it for $25!!! I like it's looks (espeically with the short-stalk signals), but if I was facing $130 for it, I'd buy a CREESE bracket from Special K, does the same thing for $100 less.

Comment

i used a swiss army knife, i tried the dremil and it mad to much of a mess with the plastic melting so i just used the knife, it was acully alot easyer
                          The Katana's Big Brother
                          1999 1200s StreetFighter Bandit

Comment

Originally posted by katana91
                            i used a swiss army knife, i tried the dremil and it mad to much of a mess with the plastic melting so i just used the knife, it was acully alot easyer
                            But the flying bits of melted plastic shrapnel makes it so fun!!!!
                            Kan-O-Gixxer!
                            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                            -Ohlins Susupension
                            -Various Other Mods

Comment

I finished installing my comp werkes kit a week ago and am very pleased with the results. The only trouble I had was with making the 9/16th's hole for the license plate light... but my neighbor had some kind of crazy $50 drill bit we used and it worked fine.

The metal plate that they provided covers up the fender opening nicely (painted mine black to match the bike) and the stock signals are relocated closer together so they do not stick out like the stock location.

I'll post pics when I borrow a digital camera. Now if only my chain hadn't snapped over the weekend... then I could actually ride around and show it off!
                              I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                              http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Working...
                              X