X

Custom Seat cowl

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Seat cowl

I just started today. i bought some of that spray foam stuff covered my seat and sprayed away. now all i have to do is carve it, fiberglass it, and paint it. it really works. i just don't like the brada seat cowls cuz they look really bubbly. anybody else agree

I like the Bradda seat cowls, I bought one in fact. However, once I had it installed, I decided the look was not for me, so I sold it.
    It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

i agree they look very good but the look is not for me. i got mine drying in the garage right now. the foam looks like a big pile of crap but its drying. i'll send in pics when its dry and carved. i think making one is cheaper + you get what you want right

by the way if anybody knows anything about fiberglass, should i use long stretched or short stretched fiberglass

by the way if anybody knows anything about fiberglass, should i use long stretched or short stretched fiberglass?
      Last edited by crazyboy754; 09-13-2008, 03:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Use fiberglass mat for the best durability, however it is a bit more tricky to form.

Comment

alright i'll check it out

Comment

What kinda foam stuff did you buy? Whats it called?

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
              What kinda foam stuff did you buy? Whats it called?
              I think he's talking about that foam stuff that you use to insulate windows. I can see it working.....great idea! I may do it myself this winter.
              sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
              ------------------------------------------
              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                -Terence

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                  I think he's talking about that foam stuff that you use to insulate windows. I can see it working.....great idea! I may do it myself this winter.
                  Yea, that's definitely a great idea! And then you can play around with it to get the look you want, and if you don't like it, you can trash it and start over without wasting too much money.

Comment

heck if you screw up just spray some more foam and carve that. right now its still drying but i used a foam thats in a can and its used for insulating windows, doors, cracks. i got it at canadian tire. but it takes a while to dry for the foam underneath the surface. probabl ya few hours i will take a pic of it right now but you will laugh

Comment

its expansion foam

Comment

The Sleek looks really good but i may want ot go just a little higher. i have a jpeg image but i cant get it on here
                        Last edited by crazyboy754; 09-13-2008, 05:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Here's the image crazyboy sent me. It's pretty big so I'm just going to link to it

What are you using to carve it? How difficult is it?

Comment

Thats what I want to know.. How do I carve it? LOL

Comment

I would imagine you'd start with a hacksaw blade to get the rough contour and then sand....sand........ sand... until you got the shape you want. Hmmmmm....it's got me thinking.
                              sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                              ------------------------------------------
                              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Working...
                              X