X

Braada Racerback Solo Cowl

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braada Racerback Solo Cowl

For those of you who have it, how much paint did you use to paint it? Is one spray can enough?
    DON'T HATE THE PLAYA, HATE THE GAME!!

I took it to a local shop, the going rate was $125 cdn, but because I'm on a local forum it's $85 cdn, that's about $65-70US.
    Kyle

Comment

I had a friend at a body shop paint mine. He said he would normally charge $60.00 for something like that, but I got a freebie. Lucky to have a friend in the paint and body trade.

Comment

Let me rephrase the question, for those people that "did not take it to a shop" and "painted the solo cowl at home", how paint did it use? Is one spray can of the color and one of the clear coat enough??

Comment

If you mean an entire spray can? Oh yeah, that's gonna be definitely enough! If you mean how many coats? I would say like 2-3 with 3-4 coats of clear.

Those spray cans can do an entire side fairing, much less the little cowl.

Comment

Although I did not paint mine with a spray can, I do a lot of canned painting and I would say 1 can should do you just about right. You need around 3-4 thin coats of color. If you are looking to put spray clear coat on it, your looking at about 3 coats of that as well.

kickitjp is right as well. Whatever makes your heart content.
            Why bother doing anything if you cannot
            "Be All You Can Be."

http://www.myspace.com/kahluamud

Comment

color rite, took Lou, I believe 2 1/2 cans to do my cowl and belly pan, if I remember correctly.

Comment

If I remember some older posts at KP, a few people found the cost was fairly close between DIY and doing it at a shop.
                Kyle

Comment

Thanks for the help!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X