X

Rustoleum Paint job

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rustoleum Paint job

thanks for the inspiration guys.I did it and I am quite pleased with the results.One bodyguy told me 1100 to fix and paint my bike,another told me 700. I did it for less than 50 bucks!!!! I swear,however I am going to do it again this time I will spend 100...{big pimpin}
    Attached Files

Cheap do it yourself is the best way to go imo!
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

<----What Lou said!!!!

I like to laugh at the body shop when they quote me prices like that.
      2005 Aprilia RST1000
      2007 Dodge Nitro SLT
      1998 Chevy Tahoe
      www.midwestguntrader.com

Comment

Not too great at holding the camera steady are ya lol

Kidding, always cheaper and more fun to do it yourself.

LOU - Whats up with that kid (in red) in your sig....Crazy lookin lil fu**er right there lol...but incredibly funny!

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by KansasKat View Post
          <----What Lou said!!!!

I like to laugh at the body shop when they quote me prices like that.
          The thing about the body shops, they always figure in prep-work, and that is what is so freaking expensive. If you have the time to do it yourself, it really isn't hard, just time consuming.

I been doing some research into Soda Blasting. Think sand blasting, but with baking soda. Will remove paint and stuff, but won't harm plastics. It won't remove rust tho. I may try the soda blasting method when I go to repaint my bike. That way you don't have to worry so much about blasting one area to much, and wearing a hole or something of the sort.

And you really can do a pretty decent paint job on a bike with rattle can. So why pay that much money, when you can do it yourself for a quarter, or maybe even less, of the cost a shop would charge.

As for my sig, I dunno, I thought it was hilarious. A guy on one of my local Mustang forums had it as his, so I stole it to use here.
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Ditto on the prep work. It took me a good 8-10 hours of prep work before I did my 2-4 hours of painting.(not including the checkerboard) But that prep work is what makes the difference in the end.
            2005 Aprilia RST1000
            2007 Dodge Nitro SLT
            1998 Chevy Tahoe
            www.midwestguntrader.com

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou View Post
              The thing about the body shops, they always figure in prep-work, and that is what is so freaking expensive. If you have the time to do it yourself, it really isn't hard, just time consuming.

I been doing some research into Soda Blasting. Think sand blasting, but with baking soda. Will remove paint and stuff, but won't harm plastics. It won't remove rust tho. I may try the soda blasting method when I go to repaint my bike. That way you don't have to worry so much about blasting one area to much, and wearing a hole or something of the sort.

And you really can do a pretty decent paint job on a bike with rattle can. So why pay that much money, when you can do it yourself for a quarter, or maybe even less, of the cost a shop would charge.

As for my sig, I dunno, I thought it was hilarious. A guy on one of my local Mustang forums had it as his, so I stole it to use here.
              i have 5 gal buckets of soda for blasting if you would like one. it is a much finer cut than regular soda so it should be real gentle on plastic

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, beer in one hand, cigarette in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WHO HOO what a ride"

Comment

As for my sig, I dunno, I thought it was hilarious. A guy on one of my local Mustang forums had it as his, so I stole it to use here. [/quote]

Crazy Frog Bros

Two kids do Axel F - The Crazy Frog Dance. I wonder what kind of drugs they have used o_O

Comment

theres another one with "them" 15 years older....

Comment

I'll have to check that out when I get home
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Glad you found your talent. Looks good.
                      What used to scare me is now only mildly interesting

Comment

Originally posted by whitecl0ver View Post
                        Not too great at holding the camera steady are ya lol

Kidding, always cheaper and more fun to do it yourself.

LOU - Whats up with that kid (in red) in your sig....Crazy lookin lil fu**er right there lol...but incredibly funny!
                        yeah thats because of all that paint and chronic i was inhaling while i did it

Comment

did this to my friends Toyota Paseo, we used their white color called biscuit, did the whole car. looked pretty good for 50 bucks. i may get red or black for this and throw on clear coat to make it shine

2006 Chevy Cobalt SS and 1995 Suzuki GSX-F 600 Katana

Comment

I have also done this on two bikes. The Ninja and the Kat.

Comment

great for cheap im doing mine right now

Comment

Working...
                              X