X

Polishing Help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polishing Help

Can anyone recommend anything to make polishing my bike parts easier?

Having someone else do it ?
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Power Tools and Alcohol!!!
      92 Katana 600 Project bike
      Some assembly required is my middle name!!!

Comment

That is kind of a vague question. What are you polishing? How are you doing it now?

Comment

A dremel and buy that additional polishing kit, I think it's like 10 bucks
          '01 TL1000R

Comment

yeah im polishing my swing arm right now, and its a pain without the buffing wheel. i started with 320 wet and worked my way up im on 1000 now and can see a good reflection probley go up one more grade and then clean it up with something like mothers polisher. GL2U
            a voice came to me and said, sacrifice that which you love the most (my girl and my bikes)
            so i lied and gave up my girl.

Comment

Thanks forthe info guys. I appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by crypt dog
                yeah im polishing my swing arm right now, and its a pain without the buffing wheel. i started with 320 wet and worked my way up im on 1000 now and can see a good reflection probley go up one more grade and then clean it up with something like mothers polisher. GL2U
                I THOUGHT THE SWINGARMS ON THE KATS CAN NOT BE POLISHED ???
                (((((((RIDE HARD OR GO HOME)))))))

Comment

you can polish them but the finish is really hard ta get perfect if thats even posible im on 1000 grit have not went any farther can see my reflection pretty well but you have to clear coat after polishing so it doesnt look like shite in couple of days of rain . will post some pics when i can get better camera my webcam-go cam sucks S
                  a voice came to me and said, sacrifice that which you love the most (my girl and my bikes)
                  so i lied and gave up my girl.

Comment

Kat arms are steel and unless you protect them after polishing with a clear coat they will eventually rust. Why not just chrome it? Much easier and fairly cheap...

Comment

Working...
                    X