X

bedliner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bedliner?

i was thinking about using spray on bedliner on my kat. i want it to be black and super resilient and i think the textured look would be cool too. my question to yall is can it ever be removed? if so how? i don't want to paint it, not like it and have to live with it FOREVER. im guessing a ton of sanding and maybe some paint stripper? oh and is it safe for use on plastics? i was thinking about painting it again this weekend cause the cheap flat black on the tank has spots where the gasss has eaten through and shows the hideous stock purple color! ick...
    Out there we are all brothers.

96 Kat 600 "bobtastic"

I read about someone having his plastics covered in Line-X... but I'm guessing there's very little chance you'll get it back off.

Got a tweaked piece of plastic? Some roughed up paint? Here's the place to get some tips on repairing your Suzuki Katana.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

thanks for the info steve!
      Out there we are all brothers.

96 Kat 600 "bobtastic"

Comment

dont know if you can get it off, but i saw some one who did this to a gas tank.. but it was a street fightered bike..

Comment

I have used box liners for a lot of different things, including sealing old rivitted aluminum boats, even painted parts of a tricked out CJ7. Works great, as far as painting a motorcycle....probably the worst idea ever in my opinion. Once you spray the plastics they will never be the same again, you'd have to use a high speed grinder to get the liner off, they'd be better off in the trash. To each their own I suppose, its your ride!
          sigpic'06 750Kat, SCORPIO alarm, integrated turn sigs into smoked LED tail light, gun metal frt turn sigs & windshield, shovel MIA, AMSOIL throughout, TARGA tank cover, PIIA 130Db Sport Horns. 16-45 sprocket set-up

Comment

Originally posted by kjcmetal View Post
            i was thinking about using spray on bedliner on my kat. i want it to be black and super resilient and i think the textured look would be cool too. my question to yall is can it ever be removed? if so how? i don't want to paint it, not like it and have to live with it FOREVER. im guessing a ton of sanding and maybe some paint stripper? oh and is it safe for use on plastics? i was thinking about painting it again this weekend cause the cheap flat black on the tank has spots where the gasss has eaten through and shows the hideous stock purple color! ick...
            I like that , its different. Didnt KansasKat do something like that or did he use a flat color? I liked his finish it was differen't also

Comment

Yea whatever you do try to not use the spray can, it is very streaky. I use dupli color in the roll on type can. It's not to expensive I use it when I build speaker boxes for ppl and it works great on any surface. Air craft stripper may be the only thing that could take it off. But I would just have another set of fairings handy if you ever get tired of it. Because Like it has been said it will pretty much ruin you chances of having a good paint job on body work in the future.

Comment

Isn't bedliner usually rough? It seems like it would be uncomfortable to have between your legs. Kind of like sand in your shorts at the beach.

Comment

It is but they do make a smooth version without the rubber grains in it.

Comment

Aircraft or automotive paint stripper- even urethane bumper stripper- will leave pits in the plastic, or worse. Trust me on this...
                    "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

I remember someone on here used dupli color in a flat black. It looked very similar to bed liner, without all the hassle if you wanted to remove it.

Edit: YES, I found it!

It was Waltari's bike: http://katriders.com/vb/showpost.php...0&postcount=10
                      Last edited by paintmann111; 09-09-2008, 12:41 PM.
                      2 bikes

'82 GS650G
                      '94 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                      X