X

*Paint Codes*

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Paint Codes*

Hey guys, does anybody know where the paint code is located on the bike? Is it part of the VIN #?? When I do get the paint code, where can I find out the name of my paint color? Thanks!

Blue '92 Kat 750
    'REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE
    ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS
    ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM'

sigpic----------------------------------------

Some bikes do not have the codes on them. I have seen them on the gooseneck or on one of the rear frame braces. If you can not find it, what you will have to do is give your vin to your local dealer and they should be able to track your codes down. There are a few different options as well. If you are doing a repaint and you have a part with the correct color on it, you can take that part to a local auto paint distributor (jobber) and they can use a colorspectrofotatomer (example Chromavision\Aquire for DuPont Refinish) to take a picture and give you a color FORMULA. This may not a 100% perfect match but it will be close. The cameras can read color well but can not read metallic or pearl flake shape or size. So, the effect may be off a bit. Another option is to call the customer care group for the paint system you wish to use. There is a SMALL possibilty they may have codes for you.

Comment

color codes

Try www.colorrite.com

Comment

Working...
      X