X

Suggestions for pre-'98 Windscreen???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for pre-'98 Windscreen???

Hey ya'll, the shop cracked the crap out of my brand new Sport Tech windscreen and wouldn't replace it. So, I need a new one. Anybody know if any other companies make windscreens that will fit? I thought Zero Gravity might but I couldn't find anything. Thanks.
    'REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE
    ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS
    ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM'

sigpic----------------------------------------

look at my garage or website, ive had like 3 or 4 different windscreens
    Chrome Project Part 1
    http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

Zero Gravity DOES, I have one, and mreedohio does too.

Comment

Shops... always doing something wrong.

Comment

MRA makes some really nice windscreens for the Katana. They have them for yours too.

2007 Honda CBR600rr
          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
          sigpic

Comment

you can go here as well. www.zgoutlet.com I got a clear one for $52 or so shipped. Oh the shop would be replacing my screen. I would talk to the owner and if that didn't work I would call who they sell bikes and stuff for.
            www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Thanks so much for the suggestions guys. I am so done with this shop. (Honda of Winston Salem) They cracked my new screen, left off a vent hose, and one of the "barrell nuts" where the upper & lower fairings come together at the frame on either side of the header. When I confronted them with these issues all they could keep saying was, "it was like that when it got here." I got SO sick of hearing that!!! I do not leave things off of my bike. I also know how to install a windscreen without cracking/breaking it. They actually handed me a dollar for the barrell nut and told me to get it at Ron Ayers. Well, that nut & the screw washer cost me $12.00 from Suzuki. Oh well, live & learn. There again, when you love your bike, if you want it done EXACTLY right, do it yourself!!!
              ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM'

Comment

Originally posted by gimmefuel View Post
                Thanks so much for the suggestions guys. I am so done with this shop. (Honda of Winston Salem) They cracked my new screen, left off a vent hose, and one of the "barrell nuts" where the upper & lower fairings come together at the frame on either side of the header. When I confronted them with these issues all they could keep saying was, "it was like that when it got here." I got SO sick of hearing that!!! I do not leave things off of my bike. I also know how to install a windscreen without cracking/breaking it. They actually handed me a dollar for the barrell nut and told me to get it at Ron Ayers. Well, that nut & the screw washer cost me $12.00 from Suzuki. Oh well, live & learn. There again, when you love your bike, if you want it done EXACTLY right, do it yourself!!!
                Screw that!!!! They would be paying for a new one. Don't let them get away with that.
                2007 Honda CBR600rr
                2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zepp View Post
                  Screw that!!!! They would be paying for a new one. Don't let them get away with that.
                  Yeah I know. I really need to go to the owner of the company. To add insult to injury, I paid them almost $800.00 ($75.00 an hour for labor) to get my carbs right and they still weren't completely fixed!! Hopefully I have them fixed right now, I don't want that shop ever touching my bike again!!
                  ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM'

Comment

Working...
                  X