Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield vibration

Hi all,

Quick question here.

I have a 2005 Katana 750, and there's a little buzzing around 6k rpm that i've tracked to the windshield. At that rpm, if I grab the windshield with my hand, the buzz stops, so I know that's it...

I've checked all the bolts surrounding the windshield, took off the cyclop to see if the plastic snap was there at the bottom of the windshield, everything seems in place...

I'm thinking of putting some foam or some kind of dampening tape but I figured i'm probably not the first to have this, so I thought i'd ask...

Thanks!

Aramis

I also have windscreen virations when i hit uneven pavement and certain rpm's. I have narrowed it down to the rubber bushings that the screws go through....they are still pliable(sp) but have split and allow the screw to vibrate against the screen itself.

I have been searching for bushings to fit the holes, and still provide cushion.....

So it still vibrates.
    My sig is boring.

Comment

I have heard of this before, and from my understanding, the foam tapes does help. You may need to add a good amount though if I remember right.
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

I'll try the foam and let you guys know...

Aramis

Comment

I've used thin Dynamat for stuff on my bike....

Comment

I used dynomat on my bike just the other day to stop my fairing from squeaking. Works GREAT. Have absolutely no more noise. You could probably try that also.
            2002 R1
            Yoshi TRS exhaust, Undertail, Ohlins Steering Stabilizer, Dark Windshield, Frame Sliders.

Comment

I tried the foam idea for my windscreen as well. It worked for a while but the vibration came back after a couple of months. Also, If you have a Sportec screen they are not as thick as the OEM screen.

Comment

I squeezed some shop towel at both corners of the windshield, and it killed the vibrations, so i'm gonna look for something a little more stealth and make it permanent...

I'd like a little longer windshield though, but not 4inch longer like i've seen posted somewhere here, any ideas?

Aramis

Comment

Im running w/a speedscreen shield.. nearly identical to the OEM, just smoke.. no vibrations that I have noticed

Comment

Working...
                  X