X

Another option for pre fairings...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another option for pre fairings...

Ran into a guy this morning, he saw my Kat and we got talking. He remembers how "hot" they were when they first came out. Anyway, he was a long-time "left-coaster" and mentioned a company that made NICE fiberglass replacement fairings for the Katana's. He gave me half of a name and I did some digging and found it.

Talked with the guy briefly. When I mentioned Maier he laughed and said that was thin compared to these. These are 4-5 layers of hand layed glass. $130 + ship for the main fairings, pre-drilled as well.

Not a bad option AT ALL.

Still fiberglass, which isn't the preferred material for most (I like it, but most prefer the plastic). Looks like nice stuff though. Good find!
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

They look fine, but I don't know why I'd go that route if I could get a set of used fairings in decent shape... and just do a DIY. Now, if they were offering something more modern looking that married up to the Kat frame, yeah, my interest would be piqued.
      "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Problem is that decent pre-98 OEM fairings are getting harder and harder to find in decent shape without paying good $$$....

Comment

I have Maier plastics on my bike and couldnt be happier. The fit was almost perfect. And for the price you could buy a couple back up sets.

Comment

Why the hell does the left side have an oil fill port as well? If they are decent in quality, that's a great deal though. Good find!
            Some people carry on
            Some just stay right where they are
            Our worlds divide

Comment

Originally posted by notec View Post
              I have Maier plastics on my bike and couldnt be happier. The fit was almost perfect. And for the price you could buy a couple back up sets.
              Geez that's a nice bike!

Thanks for the link!
              Last edited by Slofuze; 09-08-2008, 07:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
              ------------------------------------------
              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Working...
              X