X

Will a 98+ tank fit a 89-97

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will a 98+ tank fit a 89-97

I recently bought a 95 Kat with more problems than I initially thought. Because I'm too busy and not mechanically inclined enough to do a lot of the more difficult work, I sent it to a local mechanic. I just got a call that the tank has a lot of rust in it. Because the tank is dented pretty bad in a couple spots (looks like it was in the process of becoming a stunter), I had planned on replacing the tank eventually.

My question is whether I should have the tank cleaned and sealed or buy another one? I was looking around on ebay and only have found 98+ tanks that aren't rusted like mine. Will the later tanks fit on the pre's?

I am pretty much thinking it'll be easier to have the current tank repaired, despite the dents. I bought the bike as a way to step up my skillset, so I'm not too concerned about the aesthetics. I will eventually replace the tank once I feel it necessary and will more than likely have to do a rust prevention on it as well but figure that's a year or two in the future.

Any opinions? I have done some research already but no real definitive answers in my results.
    If it works, it's obsolete.
    Marshall McLuhan

The tank will fit just fine, but the seat won't line up right with it. I dunno how the fairings would fit against it, since I don't have any. Check my garage if you want to see how it fits.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

can't say for sure, but I believe the tank will fit. The pre 98 plastics will not work with 98+ tank though.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Thanks guys for the quick replies. I am just going to fix the tank that's on it.
        If it works, it's obsolete.
        Marshall McLuhan

Comment

Working...
        X