X

NOOB!!! Help with My plastics please

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOOB!!! Help with My plastics please

so i went out and got my first bike, a katana 600 and lets just say i have never been happier driving around, i love this bike, it has 4500 miles on it and i payed just under 3000 dollers for it, the only thing is the guy who i got the bike from layed it donw once, nothing really bad lucky me your cant really tell unless you look at it, i was woundering if there was any way i could fix the crack without having to buy a whole new plastic, also is there any way to maybe buff out the road rash next to the blinker or do yall think i need new ones, i would also like to take the stickers off any advise on how to do this i would make my day, thanks

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/k...l/IMG_0326.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/k...l/IMG_0327.jpg

First thing you do, is look up toward the top of your screen. Right under where it ways, "Welcome, chance g" and click on search. Second, type in "fairing repair" or "plastic repair" or "sticker removal". Third, go through the posts until you find the information you're looking for. Forth, use your newly gained information to repair your fairings, or remove stickers, or whatever you desire. That's the best advice i can give you. Good luck.

Holy crap dude, you seriously want to buy new fairings for that amount of damage?? You should see mine!!!
    Last edited by bubba600; 08-26-2008, 12:27 AM. Reason: just seen the pics

Comment

Well, you probably won't be able to buff that sticker back together.........

But get a little creative with some touch up paint (in your factory color), a sharpie, and some white-out, and it will probably be barely noticeable.

If you have an actual crack in the plastic, you could
      *search* probably plastic weld it *search* from the back. You will still *search* be able to see a crack *search* from the front, but *search* it will be less noticeable, and *search* it won't spread any farther.

Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

no i really dont want to buy new ones thats why im asking if yall know how to fix it, but you make me feel better knowing that some one else has worse ones

Comment

Originally posted by bubba600 View Post
          First thing you do, is look up toward the top of your screen. Right under where it ways, "Welcome, chance g" and click on search. Second, type in "fairing repair" or "plastic repair" or "sticker removal". Third, go through the posts until you find the information you're looking for. Forth, use your newly gained information to repair your fairings, or remove stickers, or whatever you desire. That's the best advice i can give you. Good luck.

Holy crap dude, you seriously want to buy new fairings for that amount of damage?? You should see mine!!!

thats funny,

yeah i would let that ride lol...thats nothing, I would however replace that engine cover that is beyond repair....

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
          X