X

CF Front Fender(custom made) GROUP BUY

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CF Front Fender(custom made) GROUP BUY

Im looking for a carbon fiber front fender does anyone know anyone who makes them for the pre98 750 or know if on from a gsxr or some other bike is the same

I found some for newer gsxr 1000 on ebay but none of theh numbers match and was wondering if someone knew one that would work for me

Thanks for anyhelp that you may have
    Josh
    The Katana's Big Brother
    1999 1200s StreetFighter Bandit

why not look to see if you can find a book on how to work with it, i know it has to be cold to work with/store but why not see if yo ucan find a book on how to work it and lay it. and make em for us

Comment

i dont think ive got the mony to invest to do that..
      If i did i would do it but dont think it would be possible for a college student to do
      The Katana's Big Brother

Comment

UPDATE

Anyone who is interested ive found i guy who can make them for us he said i need to get more then one person before he will make them. i just emailed him and he is supposed to get back with me on the cost of the items.

They will be exactly as the original only made out of carbon fiber.

Im also going to get on him about making a chain guard also.

So anyone who is interested in either the fender of the chain guard post up or pm me
        The Katana's Big Brother

Comment

Re: CF Front Fender and chain guard(custom made)

Originally posted by katana91
          Im looking for a carbon fiber front fender does anyone know anyone who makes them for the pre98 750 or know if on from a gsxr or some other bike is the same

I found some for newer gsxr 1000 on ebay but none of theh numbers match and was wondering if someone knew one that would work for me

Thanks for anyhelp that you may have
          Josh
          The Katana's Big Brother

Comment

so how much would these things cost?
            Hello World.

Comment

still waiting on the reply from him im at work so i wont be able to get it till i get home later tonight. ill get back with you all when i find out what it will cost for them
              The Katana's Big Brother

Comment

i might be interested. depending on cost.
                -jason

Welcome to Katriders! Click Here to Register

RIP ROB (AKA BREEZE)

Comment

Ok every one i talk to him today on the phone
                  Heres what he said about the front fender and the chain guards

He told me that the fender would cost 190 normally but if we can get enough people(10) then he would take at lease 30 of the price for each one.
                  These are going to be real carbon fiber not the cheap stickon stuff that doesnt look that good.

As for the chain guard he said that he could make it in any design that we wanted as long as it is close to stock for 40 or less also depending on how many people we get to do this

He told me that if we can get atleast 5-10people for each item that he would knock the price down even more

Also to the MODs he said he would give us a even bigger discount if we featured him in out sight as a supporter/vendor

Altoghether he could probley make bot peices for 175 per person. Also i told him that i would give it till the 7-8th to see how many people that we can get interested

Also if anyone has anything else that they would like me to check on with him, he said the more different parts that we all want and he could make everything even cheaper.

So post up if you interested
                  The Katana's Big Brother

Comment

can he do them for pre 98's and 98+ ?

Comment

if the fender and the chain guard are the same it wont be a problem but if they are different youll need the numbers for both pre and + kats
                      The Katana's Big Brother

Comment

looks like the fenders are different so you would need 5-10 for both and the +'s will probley be more b/c when he told me the price it was for the pre's which dont have the sides that come down like the 98+ do, im sure it wont be that much more though but he also may be able to make them for the same price if we get the numbers

As for the chain guard they look to be the same.

ive got the parts to send him for the pre's if we get enough, but someone else will have to provide the post's if we need them
                        The Katana's Big Brother

Comment

so..about $160.00 hmm...
                          Hello World.

Comment

yea and mayby less if we get the people and depending on what the mods decide about the advertising it could be even less.

He also gave me a turn around time for the first one to make sure it is right of 2 weeks, to me that sounds preety quick

Also if there is anyone in the virgina area let me know since that is were his shop is.
                            The Katana's Big Brother

Comment

Originally posted by katana91
                              Also if there is anyone in the virgina area let me know since that is were his shop is.
                              Where in VA is he? I would be interested in checking out the shop. I occasionally need composite pieces for work. $160 is a little steep for me right now but I may be interested.

Comment

Working...
                              X