X

New paint scheme...what do you think?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New paint scheme...what do you think?

Well, in a drastic attempt to sell the bike, I have found that a poorly sanded/primered bike (previous owner) just will not sell for what I need it to sell for. That being said, I have decided the rattle can route is where I am heading. To this point I have sanded all pieces (except the underbelly piece....I accidentally left it partly bolted to the bike and forgot about it), and I have primed the rear three pieces. Since I am doing this out on the back patio, weather has put me on hold but my main reason for the post is I was wondering what you all thought about this scheme...

I got the idea from the Yammie R6 Raven and some of them had the flames from the bottom. I am going to attempt a sort of foggy kinda flame with good ol rattle and we will see how it goes! Updates when I gottem!
    1997 Kat 750. Work in progress. Keep you up to date!

Good luck with it. I have to get around to painting the rear on mine.... maybe over the winter.

Comment

if it already has the snaded primer look then just got with flat black, i would at least. but i do like the all black scheme, not so sure about the suziki down the side but whatever.

Comment

Dude, if you thought a primer painted bike was hard to sell, try to sell one with a sticker upside down! A rule of thumb on decals/stickers...english is read left to right. That's how your stickers should read, regardless of the angle.

Black, flat black...there are tons of spray painted black bikes, yours will neither impress nor offend, so I guess it's an alright choice. Unless you're a spray paint genious (and yes, I've seen some right here on Katriders) don't expect to get much more in return for the paint job than the cost of the paint.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
        X