X

How to Paint your Bike or Bike Parts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SweetLou View Post
    used to have pictars in there, but I think the server that it was on went down.
    You should put the pictures back in

Comment

Get the PDF guide. The pictures are still in there (I host that guide).
      Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
      -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
      -Terence

Comment

nice write up going to try it later on this week ! wanna paint the kat and rims !

Comment

awesome post. gonna get my kat in the garage for some painting soon. This is gonna save me a ton of money

Comment

Thanks much for the guide!! Some drunk prick knocked my bike over last week, so I'm experimenting with my first paint job... I'm going in with a lot of confidence after all I've read on here, though!

Comment

These posts should have pics hosted on this site. I saw this thread and I am teetering between replacing the entire fairing with prepainted and redoing my own. I would love to have seen what this paint job looks like finished.

Comment

how do i fix it when my paint bubbles up and is kind of rough? can i resand it then paint over it?

Comment

Originally posted by primesession21 View Post
                  how do i fix it when my paint bubbles up and is kind of rough? can i resand it then paint over it?
                  you should beable to just sand the area down prime, and repaint then build the clear coat so it is aboive the surrounding clear coat level then wet sand to feather the spot repair so it blends in an makes it smooth and un noticable. Then buff and polish.
                  Do you know why Santa is so jolly.... Because he knows where all the naughty girls live..

Comment

Originally posted by PAIN View Post
                    These posts should have pics hosted on this site. I saw this thread and I am teetering between replacing the entire fairing with prepainted and redoing my own. I would love to have seen what this paint job looks like finished.

Used to have pics years ago, but hosting must have expired. I dunno what happened to the pics, I doubt I have them anymore
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

I painted and cleared it(3 coats). I was wondering on how to get it to look like glass(more shiny). They ran out of clear coat and I was wondering if I can apply several more coats of clear? do I have to sand down what I already painted and clear coated then add the new layers of clear coat? thanks

Comment

Sweet

Nice guide might use it later

Comment

Does anyone know if you could put a clear coat over a flat black helmet to make it glossy?? maybe sand it lightly with fine grit paper then spray the clear over it?? probably a stupid question, but whatever...
                          My Bike/Project:
                          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=114782

Comment

Originally posted by Chris438 View Post
                            Does anyone know if you could put a clear coat over a flat black helmet to make it glossy?? maybe sand it lightly with fine grit paper then spray the clear over it?? probably a stupid question, but whatever...
                            Why not just buy a gloss black helmet?
                            sigpic'98 600 Parting Out

Comment

lol, spending to much money on the bike none left for another new helmet :P

I'm just wondering because it is a pretty nice helmet just would like it to be glossy... But yeah I'll prob end up getting another new helmet in spring anyway. or maybe just paint one of mine to match the bike exactly
                              My Bike/Project:
                              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=114782

Comment

I'd be worried about how that sanding and painting will affect the helmet physically. I'm not the one wearing it though...
                                sigpic'98 600 Parting Out

Comment

Working...
                                X