X

Frame and fairing question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay everyone, I have received an update:

We have the prototype frame slider and bracket finished and need to send it to some people for testing. These will definitely fit the pre 98s which will need the fairings cut, and should fit the 98+ bikes, with the possibility of needing to cut. We have not been able to get the bike yet for testing(the newer one) as the guy sold it and we're trying to track the new owner down. Maybe you know a couple people we could send these to that have the technical ability to install these and be able to covey any problems or changes needed. Some guy emailed this morning and I've asked for his help already.Thanks
    These guys are near the gap, so get in touch if you want to be involved with the testing. Email Jacob directly and mention Katana Slider in the subject to make life easier for him. His email is [email protected]

For people worried about mounting to the frame, here is part of an earlier email I received from them that I don't think I posted:

have a 93 Katana 750 here in our shop and have made the initial designs which will incorporate the use of a bracket that mounts on the upper engine cradle bolts(2 bolts on each side).
    Hopefully these will work great and no modification will be needed on the newer models
    fulcrum (aka David)
    Blue 2004 GSX750F
    Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.--Isaac Asimov
    If you can keep your head, while all around you are losing theirs, then you probably aren't grasping the situation

Crash virginity lost: March 6th 2005

Comment

hmm don;t like to idea of haing to cut my fairings... if not then i would be willing to test them on my 04 kat... I guess I could send them an email and see.
      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

They are in Cookeville,TN That is not that far from me at all. I know we could get Ynoxas to go by there for the newer Kats. He lives right there anyway. I think I will give them a call and talk to them.
        www.mopowersports.com

Comment

UPDATE. I talked with the Guys tonight from OES. They actually have a 93 600 completely stirpped down. So I am going to try and get up there to them on Monday if the weather is nice enough to ride. I also talked to Ynoxas tonight and told him about our website here. I also gave him OES phone number so that he may be able to jook up with those guys and keep things going with the frame sliders. The guy from OES seems really excited about doing this. He is asking for outside help b/c they have never done anything for a katana before. He wants to amke sure they put out a product that will meet the needs of the katana community. He does realize how many is out there. I think this is going to be a great adventure. They have my phone number and I have told them to call me if they need any help.
          www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Man, I love this internet thing.

I simply notice a post on killboy.com that some of his mates are making sliders for various bikes, email them, post here a couple of times and they've come up with something for our Kats. And nobody else has a Katana specific slider. Nice little niche for them

Highsight2020 - I hope all goes well with going up there. They seemed keen in the emails too. Let me know how you go.
            fulcrum (aka David)
            Blue 2004 GSX750F
            Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.--Isaac Asimov
            If you can keep your head, while all around you are losing theirs, then you probably aren't grasping the situation

Comment

Well do Fulcrum. I have been on Killboys site recently but did not see the web addy. I plan on keeping everyone up to speed on this. Yeah Jacob told me they went to the Gap last weekend. I wish I could go every weekend. Anyway lets hope we can get the frame sliders for the bikes so that they are done correctly.
              www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Highsight,

Did you get any further on going up there to have them measure your bike?

Dave
                fulcrum (aka David)
                Blue 2004 GSX750F

Comment

They have the basic design down. They are just in the process now on how to mount it so that they are not held liable for any damage their prodcut may cause to a bike in the event of a crash. YOu know like twisting the frame and stuff. I told them to hurry up and finish it. I also told them make the mount for them and put a disclosure in there that they are not liable for damgaes this product may or may not cause in the event of tip over or a crash. That will cover them. They way they are designing the sliders they should breakaway in a high impact crash so not to cause any frame damage. So they are working on it. I call them at least 1-2 times a month. I will call them tomorrow as well. I talk to Jacob when I do.
                  www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Good to hear. I'm sure you'll let us know when they are ready.
                    fulcrum (aka David)
                    Blue 2004 GSX750F

Comment

I really like this forum, everyone seems to be very well informed.!!

Comment

You may want to note those posts were all over a year old -- I think they shrugged and walked away. I know Braunstein is cranking out sliders now, but they will probably do exactly the same as all the other sliders I've seen -- work well with a parking lot spill, but twist/mangle the frame at speeds as low as 20 mph.

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                        X