X

Sliders...Carbon...Bar Ends...OH MY!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sliders...Carbon...Bar Ends...OH MY!!

First of all, I have to give HUGE props to Brian and Laura over at Speedwerks. They are the nicest, most helpful people I have dealt with for cycle parts. (They know what the hell they're talking about too!) Anyhoo, I ordered the new euro sliders that they just got in stock. I think they look friggin sweeeeet. Since they don't specify a model for the Kat, Brian recommended I use a pair designed for a late model R1 since they are the same length on each side. The bolts are 8MM and the length is perfect. Just drilled a hole with a 3/8" cobalt bit. (Definitely get a good cobalt or carbide bit...that frame is some hard shait!) Used some locktite on the bolt, and all is good. Also picked up the carbon tank protector and gas cap cover, along with the silver bar ends....WHEW! Next thing to get is the Illumiglo gauges, re-upholster the seat, polish the forks and maybe the swing arm. Too much fun!!!
    Attached Files
    You ever take that off any sweet jumps?

looks great.. did u any issues drilling into the frame at all.. other than it being alittle difficult becuase of being so tough. ?

now, do the mesh mod too

Comment

Not to rain on your parade but you can't polish the swing arm. It's steel. Paint it a nice glossy black to match the rest of the frame and polish your wheels instead.

Comment

Can you tell us what brand those sliders are? I would love to know so I can do the same....they do look sick.
        My sig is boring.

Comment

Here is a link to where I got the sliders: http://www.speedwerks.com/catalog They are called the Euro Racing Frame Sliders. Didn't see a brand anywhere, but they have an E with a swirl around it on the pucks. These were so easy to install aside from how lond it took to drill the frame. If you have a good drill and an awesome drill bit, it would be pretty easy. I had a crappy drill and a decent bit and it took about 15 minutes per side.
          You ever take that off any sweet jumps?

Comment

nice job!!!
            www.photobucket.com/albums/y152/rotary13b/

Comment

Actually, the brand is Euro Racing. They are these cool new sliders from Italy. Also, if you trailer your bike, it has a tie down conversion kit where you can unscrew the pucks (don't lose them) and screw on the tie-down kit which allows you to tie down your bike. the racers love these, but if anyone ever trailers your bike, they are definitely awesome!!!

I think I'm going to have to try to get our mechanic to alter some to fit my 125.

And Daewood, a big thanks to your nice comments. We very much appreciate the time you took to let others know about your experience with us. We're so glad it all turned out well for you. Those sliders look schweeeet!

--Laura
              If you're not on a SpeedWerks bike, you're probably behind one.

www.speedwerks.com

Comment

There is no need to drill into your frame if you use this brand of sliders.

Tokalosh

Comment

Yea, but I don't see them supporting the KR site and its members. Just kidding!!!!!!

www.speedwerks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Speedwerks
                    Yea, but I don't see them supporting the KR site and its members. Just kidding!!!!!!
                    They will be doing in the very near future.

Tokalosh

Comment

Originally posted by Tokalosh

They will be doing in the very near future.

Tokalosh
                      Very cool. Glad to hear that more vendors will be coming on board to support you guys and gals. That is great news!

www.speedwerks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Speedwerks
                        Actually, the brand is Euro Racing. They are these cool new sliders from Italy. Also, if you trailer your bike, it has a tie down conversion kit where you can unscrew the pucks (don't lose them) and screw on the tie-down kit which allows you to tie down your bike. the racers love these, but if anyone ever trailers your bike, they are definitely awesome!!!
                        Damn that's a cool idea
                        --2002 Triumph Daytona 955i
                        --'91 Katana 600/'04 Gixxer 600 Hybrid

Comment

Yea, the racers really love it, and so do the track day guys. I will try to remember to take a picture this week and post so you can see it. Them I-talians truly are brilliant (and yes, I am 100% italian, so I'm a little biased!)

www.speedwerks.com

Comment

How much do those sliders run????
                            Kan-O-Gixxer!
                            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                            -Ohlins Susupension
                            -Various Other Mods

Comment

$68.95 for bases and pucks (that's if you go with the R1s like Daewood did). Other models are 58.95. I'd have to check on Monday to see if I could do a little discount for KR members. I'm sure we can do something, just not sure how much...maybe $5 or so. If anyone is interested, let me know by popping me an email. Let me know what bike model, year and what color pucks and I'll see what I can do for you. My email is [email protected]

www.speedwerks.com

Comment

Working...
                              X