X

Bar Ends........DUHHHHHHHHHHHH

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar Ends........DUHHHHHHHHHHHH

ggggggggrrrrrrrrrr..........where can i find a good set of bar ends for my project 94 Kat 600. I am trying to find a set of blue ones to match the paint i am going with. I see them all over e-bay, but for some reason I get the feeling that they are not quite up to par with what should be on the bike. Any suggestions on proper size and weight for these things. or will just any ole bar ends work?

Dennis Kirk...
    Check out their outlet store..

aftermarket barends are generally for show only.
    stock spec one are pricey.

Comment

Take the stock ones and have them painted (or powdercoated) instead. It's hard to find aftermarket ones that have the right weight to keep the handlebar vibrations down sufficiently if you're used to the stock ones.

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Bought mine from a Yammie/KTM dealer . Fit fine . I'm guessing they're pretty much a universal thing ... Got them in blue , too ! They look just like what's in my profile , minus the scratches .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I have a Chrome set on mine that was marked down for an R6 on the package if that helps.
          Ron
          MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
            Take the stock ones and have them painted (or powdercoated) instead. It's hard to find aftermarket ones that have the right weight to keep the handlebar vibrations down sufficiently if you're used to the stock ones.

Kat 600's unfortunately are "buzzy" so anything you can do to reduce that is a very good idea. Aftermarket bar ends generally are much lighter and are designed for show more than function so you lose that weight. Your best bet like Cyber said is to paint or powdercoat your stock ones. If your stock ones are gone then check around ebay or get with Special K to see if he has a pair laying around for cheap.
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Right on Jim.. I know my CF bar ends I got off ebay are considerably lighter than the stock..but fortunately the 750 doesnt have much buzz to begin with so w/ the gel grips I didnt really notice any difference for the worse..plus they look alot cooler too

Comment

Working...
              X