X

Pro-bolts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro-bolts

Can't find any specific answers. Has anyone used the pro-bolt fairing kit? I've stripped enough bolts that I need replacements, but would like a set. BikeBolts are cheap apparently and don't fit well. Do the pro-bolt screws fit well with the washers? Are they the same head size as OEM?
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

If I can add another question... does a pro-bolts kit come with all the spacers and hardware?
    "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

I did BikeBolts a couple yrs ago and they were fine. No problems at all.

Comment

Originally posted by yardbird View Post
        I did BikeBolts a couple yrs ago and they were fine. No problems at all.
        But I'm asking about Pro-bolts, not BikeBolts.
        -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

I know... you also said...

"BikeBolts are cheap apparently and don't fit well.

Comment

Bikenuts / bikebolts have 2 different sized heads in the package and provide washers for installation. They thread fine and sit right on Pre's except the heads are smalled than OEM so you have to use the included rubber washers.

I wouldn't call them cheap and I am using them now.

The Pro-Bolts look interesting as they have an anodized option rather than a painted head. Other than that they look the same. The pictures makes it look like the head will also be non-standard.

Were you looking to use a particular vendor to acquire these? If so I'd love to know who.

Comment

The ones that I got Arsenic are the engine kit bolts. The heads look to be the same as stock. I will get him to post up about it later.
              www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Wire View Post
                Bikenuts / bikebolts have 2 different sized heads in the package and provide washers for installation. They thread fine and sit right on Pre's except the heads are smalled than OEM so you have to use the included rubber washers.

I wouldn't call them cheap and I am using them now.
                I heard that. That's why I was wondering if the pro-bolt were the same size head as OEM. I don't want to have to look at the washers. At the same time, I don't want to pay $1.50 per bolt ($2+ for the bigger ones) to get them from BikeBandit or RonAyers.

Originally posted by Bright Wire View Post
                The Pro-Bolts look interesting as they have an anodized option rather than a painted head. Other than that they look the same. The pictures makes it look like the head will also be non-standard.

Were you looking to use a particular vendor to acquire these? If so I'd love to know who.
                They did look non-standard to me as well. If I get them, it would be through Jimmy at www.MoPowersports.com. But I don't know. If I'm still going to be stuck with washers, I may go cheap and get the BikeBolts. I don't want painted or anything. Just stainless.
                -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

I dont think they are very good. Some of the bolts were too short or the wrong size. some they said not to install. heads are much smaller than stock, the washers still did not fill the space, seem very cheap. They are the same bolt you could get at ACE hardware. For me not worth the money.

Comment

I've used a pro-bolt anodised ally engine kit on a mates bike cos thats what he wanted & found it to be absolutely rubbish, poorly machined heads & threads made from a material with the consistancy of cream cheese

imo sticking to stainless steel from a local supplier & useing a release agent= on problems
                    Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

I have pro-bolt EVERYTHING, HS2020 can attest to that. It is anadized aluminum, not steel, so as tone states, if your not careful, you WILL strip them. With those you NEED to torque them to specs. What a lot of folks fail to realize is that the torque spec is NOT so they don't come loose, it's so Hoss doesn't strip ****

Comment

have you had any probs with the anodize on the pro bolts yet mate as when i had some on my zzr they would discolour after six months so i changed to titanium and no probs then

Comment

no, that's why I used everything Pro Bolt and not BikeBokts. Pro Bolt is anodized, BikeBolts is powder coated. I'm not down for pwder coated or painted bolt heads

Comment

they where pro bolts that discoloured but i did ride it every day to work so maybe it was the winter they didnt like

Comment

some of my Pro Bolt stuff is titanium, like the rotor bolts, but not most of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X