X

Where to learn ABS/Fiberglassing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to learn ABS/Fiberglassing

Does anyone know of any decent sites dealing with working on ABS panels or fiberglass?
    -- SIG WANTED - APPLY WITHIN --

Hmm, whatcha planning?? A new mod??
    Bike is sold

Comment

not really, well, maybe a new tail, I have a corbin seat on the way but I'd like to streamline the ass end a bit, as it's a 1990 750. A hugger would be cool too, and I may graft something on al-a Waltari. There are alot of little things I'd like to do, but knowing how to do it needs to happen first.
      -- SIG WANTED - APPLY WITHIN --

Comment

Sounds interesting. Don't forget pictures
        Bike is sold

Comment

Contact Jim on here. He is the one that makes the cowls. Oh yeah by the way he makes them for our bikes. Just for the stock seat though. Just look at my bike on his website. The cowl is sweet. Anyway give him a shout. He should be able to help you out...
          www.mopowersports.com

Comment

If I rememeber right, fiber-glass can be molded around cardboard. So basically shap what you want with the cardboard, work the fiberglass on it, and build it up from there. I know that a lot of sanding and re-coating needs to be done with it, its all about building up layers. Just take your time and make sure you have the proper gear to work on it. Gloves, long-sleeved shirt, respirator, goggles, ect, ect.

Good Luck!
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Here is another site

92 Katana 600 Project bike
              Some assembly required is my middle name!!!

Comment

Working...
              X