X

swing arm restoring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swing arm restoring

My swing arm is getting rusty, Whats the best way to get it looking newish again?
    "Muck, what part of "Thou shall not" didn't you understand?" GOD

i took mine off and sanding it down and re-painted it and it looks great......

but if its not that bad.... just like surface rust and what not...

i would run to the auto parts store pick up some rust killer stuff to stop the rust then either really good cleaner or re-paint it depending on how bad it is....
    THE EMAIL BANDIT
    F4 I stunted out
    Cbr900 (low and stretched)
    MK III Jetta VR6 TURBO.....

Previously 93 Katana 750....

Comment

I took mine off and sand blasted it. The area where the battery hose hangs over was really bad. Now it looks new. I also re-routed the battery hose to stick out of one of the mounting holes for the factory muffler. I didn't need it anymore so that was the best place for it. Nothing to corrode. Then I zip tied it before and after the hole that way it won't move around.

Comment

I sanded and painted mine. I used wheel coating.... I think I got it from autozone. It seems alright, but I feel like maybe in the long run it won't be durable enough where the chain adjusters sit against it. Probably should have used POR-15. Sandblasting would be ideal, but at the time I didn't have access to a cabinet to do it in. Powdercoating would be the best, IMHO.
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
        X