X

sticker REmoval ! how???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sticker REmoval ! how???

hi i got a bunch of stickers on my 92 katana 600 and i would like to know how to remove them, and if i did so would it leave funny marks and what not...
    Attached Files
    1992 katana 600C

peel them off then use goo gone or wd40 to get rid of the sticky stuff. might be alot of rubbing involved(lol) also, if you're lucky, your paint wouldnt have discolored over the years. good luck! oh ya, dont forget to wax when you're done
    Hello World.

Comment

Check this out:

Comment

alrighty, thanks guys, To The Garage!
        1992 katana 600C

Comment

I just got done removing mine. I pulled the stickers off and was left with a thin layer of sticker residue. I took some Goof Off and a paper town and soaked the town. I layed it on the residue and let it sit for a second. I then took a credit card and scraped it off. Came off pretty easy. It was a little discolored so I used some rubbing compound and some elbow grease. Then I waxed. It looks pretty good now. I may wax it one more time but it looks pretty good.

Comment

Had the same thing happen when I took off the 2nd of the stock katana decals.. although it ended up taking me about 3 hours worth of elbow greese and a bottle and half of goo gone to get it all off. The hairdryer worked good on the first one, but not the second !! ugh!

Comment

ya i tried taking a little piece of with some wd40 and heat gun but it didnt work very well... im gonna go buy some of that goo gone stuff cause ya its hard to get the stickies off
              1992 katana 600C

Comment

The spray bug and tar remover works well too.
                "You're going to learn to dicipline your image. You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan here? Take a look at what I'm wearing people. You think anyone wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it."

Comment

A blow torch and a steel wire brush will do the trick!

Comment

I went and brought a heat gun and had all the stickers off my bike in about 20 min............

Comment

Gotta watch the heat gun it can warp the plastic. I used a hair dryer and WD 40, It worked well.
                      R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed
                        Had the same thing happen when I took off the 2nd of the stock katana decals.. although it ended up taking me about 3 hours worth of elbow greese and a bottle and half of goo gone to get it all off. The hairdryer worked good on the first one, but not the second !! ugh!
                        Same thing happened to me with my new 2004 750. I used a very steady hand and a razor scrapper. THIS IS NOT FOR THOSE WITHOUT STEADY NERVES. It took about 10 minutes per decal and then a little goo gone and paper towel to remove the glue. The trick is to seperate the paper from the glue. Once the glue is left behind, the solvents will power through it. A quick clean and wax and your golden.
                        Ridicule is the burden of genius.

Comment

Originally posted by Zukiman
                          A blow torch and a steel wire brush will do the trick!
                          Remind me to never let you work on my bike

Comment

I held the heat gun about 8-10 inches from stickers till the one corner came up and slowly pealed them back as I was using the gun.No warping no discoloring on paint......But do watch it like Katman said...When I was done I went and drank some beer,While others Were still going at it for 3 hrs... Just Kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

i used a hair dryer, goo gone and a 2 sided razor blade.

Comment

Working...
                              X