replied
    Originally posted by giftedwon View Post
    i feel that it handles much better since i lowered it
    well, you feel wrong

Leave a comment:

• Mat0302
    replied
    Originally posted by luvmykatana View Post
    It didn't cost me anything because i had a friend that worked at a welding shop do it for me
    I had about 3/4" cut out of my kickstand, didn't cost me a whole lot either. I have a friend that works at a shop also.

Leave a comment:

• luvmykatana
    replied
    It didn't cost me anything because i had a friend that worked at a welding shop do it for me

Leave a comment:

• Tmod
    replied
    Originally posted by bagyo View Post
    Tmod, awesome. Yeah.. have you ever lowered a bike? I'm definately going to lower mine pretty soon. I'll definately hit u up.. what u moding on your bike nowadayz?
    I am not going to lower it as I already am flat footed while sitting on it and I ordered the Corbin seat and that will bring me even lower.

I haven't ever lowered a bike but I don't see it being that big of a deal.

As far as changes on my bike.
    Ivan's Jet Kit
    Factory Pro Advancer
    Corbin Seat
    V&H Slip-on
    Metzeler Z6 tires
    Shift kit - But CP was out of those so that will have to wait.

And since I am in there I am going to run the valves and make sure those are correct.

Let me know if you run into any problems lowering your bike.

Tmod

Leave a comment:

• ThAzKat
    replied
    If you are going to lower your bike, lower both ends like chinto said. You can slide the fork tubes up to lower the front.

Leave a comment:

• Mat0302
    replied
    I think it's personal preference as stated. The only reason you have to would be your height. other wise your just doing it for looks. I wouldn't say its the worst thing possible. handling really isn't that much different.

Leave a comment:

• chinto
    replied
    Originally posted by giftedwon View Post
    did you lower both the front and rear the same amount? if you did, it will not change the handling at all only the clearance.

Leave a comment:

• giftedwon
    replied

Leave a comment:

• arsenic
    replied
    there are two schools of thought here:
    1. If you need to lower it because of your height then it's great.
    2. If you're looking for handling gains it's about the worst thing you could do.

Leave a comment:

• giftedwon
    replied
    yes it worth i!. it made a world of difference for me.

Leave a comment:

• bagyo
    replied
    Tmod, awesome. Yeah.. have you ever lowered a bike? I'm definately going to lower mine pretty soon. I'll definately hit u up.. what u moding on your bike nowadayz?

Leave a comment:

• Tmod
    replied
    Originally posted by bagyo View Post
    yo luvmykatana. how'd you shorten your kickstand? did you take it to a shop and how much did they charge?
    If you want to lower your bike and you need the kickstand lowered let me know, I have access to a full machine, sheet metal and weld shop at work.

Tmod

Leave a comment:

• DayKat
    replied
    I never saw a reason to lower the Kat looks / stance wise. Now if you want to touch your feet to the ground, I can see the benefit.
    Worth it? Don't think new dogbones are all that expensive are they?

Leave a comment:

• sladecm
    replied
    do you need it lowered cause of your height? if so it's worth it for your safety. if not, no. just my 2 cents though.

Leave a comment:

• bagyo
    replied
    yo luvmykatana. how'd you shorten your kickstand? did you take it to a shop and how much did they charge?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X